The American Council of Young Political Leaders seeks an Outreach and Development Associate.
The American Council of Young Political Leaders (ACYPL) is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1966 to promote mutual understanding and cultivate lasting relationships among emerging political and policy leaders worldwide through international exchanges with countries and territories around the world. ACYPL programs are funded through grants from the United States Department of State and contributions from corporations, labor unions, foundations and individuals.
Position Overview: The Outreach and Development Associate reports to the Director of External Relations and is responsible for managing ACYPL’s delegate nomination process, alumni relations and donor stewardship, and supporting ACYPL exchange programs and alumni events.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Delegate Nominations and Selection
- Manage and promote the nominating process to alumni, members of Congress, state party chairs to ensure a large and diverse nominee pool.
- Serve as main point of contact for any questions or concerns from nominees.
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date Salesforce records including, but not limited to, processing all delegate nominations.
- Contact nominees to notify them of their selection for a delegation. Prepare and send paperwork using DocuSign to committed delegates and follow-up as needed.
- Keep Program Team and ACYPL Senior Staff apprised delegate selection status.
- Organize and execute regularly scheduled delegate ranking meetings involving CEO, Director, and the Board of Trustees Delegate Selection Co-Chairs.
Development and Donor Stewardship
- Work with CEO and Director on all ACYPL fundraising projects. Monitor progress toward annual fundraising goals. Prepare regular revenue reports for CEO and Board of Trustees.
- Coordinate alumni events, including logistics, invitations, attendance, and sponsorships.
- Solicit contributions from American alumni for membership in Alumni Council. Draft renewal appeals and other alumni-specific fundraising appeals as appropriate.
- Work with Director and Communications Consultant to execute the end of year fundraising campaign.
- Communicate and troubleshoot directly with donors by phone, email, and in person.
- Monitor and processes all online contributions and make bank deposits.
- Generate monthly donor acknowledgment letters.
- Maintain development files - electronic and paper – including up-to-date Salesforce database donor records.
- Work with accounting staff to reconcile fundraising and accounting reports.
- Work with Program Officers to conduct pre-departure and post-travel briefings and discussions.
- Contact ACYPL alumni to serve as a state host for an international delegation for 3-5 days. Provide alumni with detailed information on hosting responsibilities and expectations and connect assigned Program Officer to each chosen state host.
- Provide logistical and materials support for the YSEALI Fellows Forum including tracking reception invitations, coordinating with Partners and Fellows on rooming, and printing materials.
- Handle planning and logistics for American delegations traveling to Mexico, including booking flights and developing materials.
- Track ACYPL alumni job changes; specifically maintaining a list of alumni who are running for elected office.
- Record minutes at ACYPL Board of Trustee meetings.
Major External Contacts:
- ACYPL American alumni network
- Individual and corporate donors
- ACYPL Board of Trustees
- BA/BS degree and/or 1-3 years of professional experience at a nonprofit, political organization, or in government.
- Commitment to bipartisanship and international exchange.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects while maintaining keen attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under firm deadlines and constantly changing situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in person and on the phone.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A team player who is dependable and willing to take initiative.
- Proficiency in MSOffice Suite.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
- Experience with event planning or logistics
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary $42,000 –$50,000 commensurate with relevant professional experience
- 75% individual healthcare coverage including dental and eye care
- Individual life insurance coverage
- 403(b) retirement plan with 3% employer matching funds
- DC Metro pre-tax travel allowance
- Hybrid office model
ACYPL is an equal-opportunity employer and a vaccinated workplace.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line Outreach and Development Associate.