Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as WaterAid’s first point of contact for general and donation inquiries (phone, mail, email) from mission-related questions to trouble-shooting the donation process; route calls and leads to relevant staff.
- Work with the Data & Insight Officer to maintain accurate and complete records of all donor interactions in Raiser’s Edge: enter contact details from calls & inquiries and offline gifts received, generate weekly donation reports, complete matching gift requests and reconcile information from online portals with Raiser’s Edge.
- Develop and maintain Supporter Care Procedures (Phones 101, Donation Processing, Managing Donor Details/Giving), identify opportunities to streamline and enhance processes and procedures that will improve donor stewardship.
- Ensure donors receive timely and accurate acknowledgement letters and calls.
- Support the development of print and digital materials for supporters and general audiences using knowledge of supporter feedback and interests; coordinate data, deadlines, content/ copy and distribution.
- Support fundraising team by developing meeting agendas, taking and distributing notes for follow-up actions; support budget tracking and prepare monthly credit card expense reports.
- Complete special projects, as assigned.
- Evening and weekend work may be occasionally required.
- Previous experience in admin or customer service.
- Strong customer-orientation and keen eye for detail; sound judgement and ability to exercise discretion in working with confidential/ donor data.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and execute numerous projects simultaneously; proven track record of delivering specific tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; positive and flexible approach to collaborating as part of and across diverse teams and functions.
- Sound judgement and ability to exercise discretion in working with confidential data.
- Basic analytical skills and a proficiency in MS Office (especially Excel) and a CRM (Raiser’s Edge preferred) with an appetite to continually learn and grow.
- Commitment to WaterAid’s values and a working style that reflects these.
- Ability to work onsite and remotely, as needed.
Desired skills and experience
- Previous experience in a nonprofit fundraising or development team.
- Familiarity with Raisers Edge and/or MailChimp.
- Proficiency in Spanish is helpful but not required.
WaterAid offers a generous vacation and benefits package available to its full-time employees:
- Health (medical) insurance (WAA offers several options, ranging from 70-100% employer-paid for you and your dependents), dental & vision insurance (100% employer-paid for you and your dependents), and pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for childcare, medical and commuter expenses
- Participation in WaterAid’s 403(b) deferred contribution plan (with personal contributions matched after 1 year of service, up to 5% of gross annual salary).
- Paid time off (PTO) including: 13 public holidays + a ‘floating’ holiday to be used at your discretion; 120 hours of PTO (with new and increased hours awarded annually), and 3 paid days for volunteering.
- Employee Assistance Program including Health Advocate, OneMedical, TalkSpace, and other services
- Professional development support
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org