Princeton in Africa is a non-profit affiliate of Princeton University that develops young leaders of tomorrow as they contribute to some of the most impactful organizations in Africa today. In the last 23 years, this program has placed nearly 700 Fellows with more than 100 organizations in 37 African countries where our Fellows, through their work, have made contributions to Africa’s institutions in Business and Economic Development, Education & Youth Capacity Building, Public & Community Health, and so much more. President Bill Clinton described Princeton in Africa as a model: “Princeton in Africa’s mission to allow young leaders to serve in Africa is a model. . . Working in every field from public health to conservation to conflict resolution, PiAf Fellows improve the lives of everyday Africans in tangible and significant ways."
- Coordinate the recruitment of 400-500 applicants, including hosting university webinars, responding to applicant questions, and working with alumni to host information sessions.
- Organize recruitment efforts on Princeton’s campus including information sessions, webinars, class presentations, recruiting emails and office hours.
- Coordinate the application, interview and placement process for all applicants.
- Organize details & logistics of the annual Fellows’ Retreat held on the African continent, including bookings, Fellows’ coordination, reimbursements and budgeting.
- Work with Alumni Coordinators to organize and facilitate sessions focused on professional development, global citizenship and leadership.
- Organize details & logistics and facilitate sessions for a 4-day Fellows’ Orientation.
- Travel to Africa as needed to conduct site visits with current and potential host organizations, Fellows, and partners, and to assist with Fellows’ mid-year Retreat (Estimated one month of travel per trip)
- Provide ongoing support to Fellows and fellowship organizations, including conducting regular check-ins with Fellows and communicating with supervisors to stay updated on Fellows’ activities.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Program Director to ensure that the health, safety and security of all Fellows.
- Manage an alumni network of nearly 700 Fellows.
- Develop and sustain relationships with Princeton University’s international programs and academic departments.
- Clear understanding of and passion for PiAf’s mission. Commitment to or long-term interest in Africa. Ability to act as a mentor to Fellows and to foster young leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree, with preference for focus on international development or education, international or African studies, nonprofit management, or similar field related to PiAf’s work.
- At least 3-5 years of work experience with international fellowship, volunteer, or education program, or comparable experience working with organizations similar to PiAf’s host organizations.
- Strong preference for candidates with prior experience traveling independently or studying abroad in Africa or in a low or middle-income country.
- Experience working with alumni associations a plus.
- Excellent organization, communication skills and attention to detail.
- Strong English writing skills.
- Strong listening and conflict-management skills.
- Patience, creativity, and adaptability.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Google suite, and generally technologically savvy. Experience with Customer Relationship Management systems (CRMs) such as Terra Dotta a plus.
- Experience facilitating group sessions and managing event logistics and budgets.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, adjust to sudden shifts in priorities, and maintain a good sense of humor.
- Willing and available to work occasional nights and weekends throughout the year.
- Full-time employment
- Compensation based upon experience
- Twenty days of vacation leave per year plus holidays
- Health, dental, and vision insurance offered
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Position located in Princeton, NJ
SALARY RANGE: $40,000-$50,000 USD
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org