Independent Retail Europe is the European trade association of groups of independent retailers. Our association promotes the business model of groups of independent retailers and represents their interest in EU policy and legislation development. We work on a very wide range of EU policy issues that concern the modern food and non-food retail sector.
In order to support our advocacy activities, we are looking to employ an experienced and dynamic Manager Sustainability. You will work in close cooperation with the Director General as well as the 4 other members of the team.
- Identifying and analysing relevant policy and regulatory initiatives at EU level;
- Developing and executing the implementation of advocacy strategies;
- Developing positions and responses to consultations on regulatory issues;
- Proactively and independently driving the agenda and implementation thereof;
- Representing the association in EU advisory and working groups and in relevant fora;
- Building and maintaining relationships with EU Institutions and stakeholders;
- Working in close cooperation with members and ensure they are properly informed on developments and initiatives;
- Providing creative ideas and solutions for advocacy, events and further outreach.
- 5-8 years working experience of which a major part in European affairs (e.g. trade association, consultancy, corporate representation, EU institution…);
- Excellent understanding of the functioning of the EU Institutions and legislative process;
- Analytical and conceptual, able to digest large amounts of information and capture the essence;
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills; Excellent English writing skills are a must;
- Experience in networking in EU circles;
- Ability to interact with policy makers and members;
- Dynamic self-starter and strong team player, quality and result-oriented, enjoying an international working environment and working in a small team;
- Proficient English and German; A good level of French is a plus;
- Working experience in sustainability issues (e.g. circular economy strategy, waste policy – packaging waste, food waste, EPR systems, single use plastics), Farm to Fork strategy, green transport);
- A legal background is a plus.
We offer a hands-on job in a small international team, in relation to an exciting sector, and a competitive remuneration package. The function is based in Brussels. Please address your CV and cover letter by 20 May to Else Groen, Director General: [email protected].
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org