The University of Notre Dame's Global Center for the Development of the Whole Child (GC-DWC) works to create pathways out of adversity for the world’s most vulnerable children. In 26 countries, we leverage evidence-based innovations to develop effective Whole Child Development (WCD) approaches to not only advance children’s academic achievement, but also create safe, supportive, and equitable family, school, and community environments.
The University of Notre Dame’s GC-DWC is looking for a Communications Associate to develop impactful ways to communicate learning around whole child development, research findings, and program innovations to a diverse and global audience. The Communications Associate will steward GC-DWC’s communication strategy, providing writing support to technical staff, designing and developing creative learning material, managing GC-DWC’s website pages, and overseeing general communication activities for the GC-DWC and its projects.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
1. Writing and synthesis of GC-DWC Materials – Lead the development of GC-DWC reports, summaries, presentations, and project materials. This will include pulling together diverse sources, writing first drafts of materials, and breaking down technical text for a more general audience
2. Media & Website Management – Architect & oversee a social media and communications strategy for the GC-DWC.
3. Design – Oversee a cohesive branding strategy and create designed documents and materials for the GC-DWC.
4. University Representation – Collaborate with the communications counterparts at other UND schools, institutes, and centers to cross-post and share GC-DWC content across university platforms.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (4 years)
Experience: 3 to 4 years
Degree (Knowledge): Bachelors degree in English, Graphic Design, Communications, Education or a related field.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to synthesize technical text into concise reader-friendly language;
- Ability to research content and provide quick and clear analysis;
- Experience with social media and wider communication planning and implementation;
- Demonstrated ability to work well with colleagues on creative projects; An efficient, organized, and independent worker;
- Experience creating designed communication, ideally with proficiency in Adobe design suites such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Rush and/or Premiere or similar platforms;
This position is based in South Bend, Indiana, but allowances can be made for remote or hybrid work.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org