ROLE OF THE CONSULTANT
- Leading Assignments: The Senior Consultant will be responsible for leading a diverse and concomitant range of assignments related to international development, including technical assistance and design of evaluation of projects, programs, and policies. They will be required to ensure that all assignments are completed on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards.
- Managing Teams: The Senior Consultant will be responsible for managing teams of internal and external experts. They will be required to provide leadership, guidance, and mentorship to team members, ensuring that they have the necessary resources, tools, and support to complete their work effectively.
- Managing Relationships with Clients: The Senior Consultant will be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with clients, including international organizations, NGOs, government agencies, and private sector clients. They will be required to understand the needs and expectations of each client, identify opportunities for new business, and provide exceptional customer service to ensure client satisfaction.
- Generating Business: The Senior Consultant will be responsible for generating new business through her/his own networks and through Baastel's networks. They will also be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with partners and stakeholders to ensure a strong pipeline of future business.
- Leading Business Development: The Senior Consultant will be responsible for leading business development activities, including validating proposals and contributing to proposal development, as well as writing methodologies in collaboration with the Corporate Development Team and the internal consultants. They will be required to stay up to date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies, and ensure that Baastel's services remain innovative, relevant, and competitive.
- Master's or other graduate degree in evaluation, international development, or related subject such as education. economics, sociology, public policy, or public health.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in management and 5+ years of leading evaluations of projects and programs related to socioeconomic relevant sectors in the context of international development.
- Experience in leading project teams with different backgrounds of expertise as well as cultures.
- Excellent knowledge of qualitative and quantitative monitoring and all types of evaluation methodologies (e.g., midterm, final, impact, developmental, etc.).
- Experience in design and infield implementation of qualitative and/or quantitative data collection (e.g., interviews, focus group discussions, surveys).
- Knowledge and experience related to various aspects of socioeconomic development and/or environment (education, public health, poverty reduction, nutrition, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience with gender equality and inclusion in the development context.
- Qualifications in Management and Planning, M&E and/or Capacity Building.
- Experience in M&E, Strategic Planning and/or research.
- Experience working in Africa, Latin America and/or Asia.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Good oral and written communication skills in French and/or Spanish. Three languages considered an asset.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office and other basic software. Use of advanced analytical software considered an asset (SPSS, STATA, NVivo, Atlas.ti, etc.).
- Strong organization and time management skills including excellent ability to meet deadlines and to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent management, leadership, and coordination skills.
- Attention to detail, strong teamwork ethic, initiative, and motivation.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org