International Programme Officer - Temp until December 2023 - £23.71 per hour - Hybrid/London
Intergovernmental body is seeking an experienced Programme Officer to join their team at their central London headquarters.
This is a temporary position to start ASAP until December 2023 and will pay £23.71 per hour PAYE.
The Programme Officer will support work on governance and project management information systems onboarding internally. Duties include:
- Work closely with teams to ensure timely inputs into the organisations Programme Management and Information System
- Assist in the development of the organisations Mid Term Strategic Plan Review.
- Collate data and provide editorial oversight on the Annual Results Report.
- Appraise work planning of programme, projects, and ministerial meetings to ensure they achieve strategic and performance results.
- Manage communications with teams and external consultants.
- Assist in research and data analysis.
- Assist in the drafting, editing and proofing policies, guidance, strategies, internal communications and papers, correspondences, briefs, speeches, memoranda, reports for senior management and governing bodies.
- Provide minute taking and summary record duties as required; Maintain and organise an electronic and paper record.
- Coordinates logistical and travel arrangements for staff and external partners attending conferences, meetings, and field visits overseas.
- Extensive liaison with senior government officials and colleagues to ensure the efficient running of events.
The ideal Programme Officer will have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- A degree or equivalent qualification in development studies, international relations, economics, public administration, or related field.
- Certification in data governance and data analytics is desirable
- Working experience in international development programmes, in a government planning agency or an international/inter-governmental organization or civil society/private sector environment.
- Excellent organisation, coordination, and communication (especially writing) skills and attention to detail essential.
- Working experience in monitoring performance data and results at a project and programme level is desirable.
- Experience in grasping new processes quickly work well under pressure and comfortable working on multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with spreadsheets and databases is required.
ONLY SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org