Corning is vital to progress – in the industries we help shape and in the world we share.
We invent life-changing technologies using materials science. Our scientific and manufacturing expertise, boundless curiosity, and commitment to purposeful invention place us at the center of the way the world interacts, works, learns, and lives.
Our sustained investment in research, development, and invention means we’re always ready to solve the toughest challenges alongside our customers.
Corning’s businesses are ever evolving to best serve our customers, industries, and consumers. Today, we accelerate and transform life sciences, mobile consumer electronics, optical communications, display, and automotive markets.
We are changing the world with:
- Trusted products that accelerate drug discovery, development, and delivery to save lives
- Damage-resistant cover glass to enhance the devices that keep us connected
- Optical fiber, wireless technologies, and connectivity solutions to carry information and ideas at the speed of life
- Precision glass for advanced displays to deliver richer experiences
- Auto glass and ceramics to drive cleaner, safer, and smarter transportation
The Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Coordinator, under the guidance of the GSOC Supervisor, is responsible for monitoring the security of Corning’s employees, facilities, and property worldwide. The purpose of this position is to detect, analyze and appropriately respond to all threats to the corporation and its employees; these threats may include extreme weather conditions, political instability, crime, terror, infrastructure failures, life safety alarms and access control alarms.
Professionally represent Corning Incorporated and the Global Security Division by performing duties including, but not limited to:
- Communicating directly with Corning employees around the world as a primary first call/first report for all questions and concerns pertaining to security
- Gathering security and threat information from multiple open-source intelligence services using a variety of web-based and in-house tools
- Conducting risk analysis, and providing proactive guidance to travelers, expatiates, and facility management
- Global monitoring of company assets, including alarm response with dispatch of emergency and/or security services
- Compiling situational and after-action reports for both security and company management
- Providing as-needed support for various security operations, crisis response, and business continuity functions
- Performing business functions such as document drafting and revision, data tracking, and data analysis
- Participates in and facilitates inter- and intra-shift exchange of operational information.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives within the GSOC based on skillset, interest areas, and organizational priorities
- Bachelor’s degree (Business/Political Science/International Relations, or related field)
- Or Associate’s degree with 2+ years’ experience in a related field
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Strict adherence to Corning’s Values of Integrity and the Individual
- Flexibility to work all shifts and a willingness to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong team player with a professional interpersonal style
- Aptitude for clear and effective writing under time-sensitive conditions
- Superior telephone and face-to-face verbal communication skills, including experience clarifying information in a friendly and positive manner
- Ability to establish priorities, multitask, work independently, and complete objectives in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Sound operational judgment
- Comfortable in a high-tech work environment, with constant learning of new tools and processes
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Familiarity with or desire to learn SQL, NodeJS, HTML, or general data science to support development of an in-house database solution.
- Broad geopolitical awareness, knowledge of international events, and cultural sensitivity
- Experience conducting research and acquiring and analyzing data
- Technical writing experience
- 2nd language – Mandarin, Korean, German, French, Spanish or Portuguese preferred
Note on Schedule:
The schedule is rotating schedule of 11p-7a, 7a-3p, 3p-11p. This role will have their schedule set 6 weeks in advance. Due to the 24/7 nature of the GSOC operation, candidates for this role must have availability to work weekends and holidays as scheduled. Additionally, scheduled and unscheduled overtime are possible at times to ensure proper coverage.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org