Position Summary: GIFCT is seeking a highly organized and self-motivated NYC-based Executive Assistant to provide support to its Executive Director. Key responsibilities will include managing the schedule, correspondence, and meetings of the Executive Director, coordinating with GIFCT team members to prepare briefing and outreach materials, and attending or assisting with events and meetings as needed. The ideal candidate possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills, time and priority management experience, some event planning and meeting preparation experience, and strong attention to detail.
Role Description: Executive Assistant & Board Secretariat
Executive Support (50%)
- Manage scheduling and preparations for virtual and in-person meetings for the Executive Director
- Draft, review, and send communications on behalf of the Executive Director as requested
- Manage correspondence to and from the Executive Director’s email and other shared inboxes as necessary
- Organize and prepare for meetings, including gathering documents and attending to logistics
- Answer and respond to phone calls, communicate messages and information to the Executive Director
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements
- Maintain various confidential records and documents for the Executive Director
- Provide strategic input on and contribute to research and writing on relevant initiatives to the Executive Director and GIFCT
- Facilitate the Executive Director’s participation in events, including by managing logistics and drafting talking points
- Support GIFCT strategic planning, priorities and goals as necessary
- Advise the Executive Director on priorities and workload management
Operating Board Support (25%)
- Alongside directors, represent GIFCT at regular meetings of the working group-level of the Operating Board
- Draft and coordinate correspondence between the Executive Director and Operating Board
- Record and finalize minutes from quarterly Operating Board meetings
- Support GIFCT team participation in quarterly meetings, including by managing travel or virtual participation
- Support Directors with meeting material preparation, communication, and follow-up
Cross-Team Support (10%)
- Coordinate team-wide project or event scheduling
- Provide special project support to the Director of Operations
- Serve as an onboarding mentor for new hires
Independent Advisory Committee (IAC) Support (10%)
- Serve as primary point of contact for IAC Secretariat
- Facilitate IAC communications with GIFCT team
- Join IAC meetings, as permitted and support the Executive Director with communications and meeting preparation as necessary
Other Duties As Assigned (5%)
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple tasks while utilizing superior organization skills with high attention to detail.
- Experience managing communications for high-level political, business and/or non-profit officials, both in the U.S. and internationally.
- Experience handling sensitive information with the highest level of discretion.
- Experience managing complicated domestic and international logistics – ideally with experience securing travel visas.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Resourcefulness and ability to work independently and with excellent judgment, taking ownership of a wide range of responsibilities.
- Availability to occasionally travel both domestically and internationally as needed.
- Proficient in Google Suite apps and Microsoft Office.
- Strong commitment to GIFCT’s mission, purpose and values.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org