ClimateWorks Foundation is a global organization committed to our mission: to end the climate crisis by amplifying the power of philanthropy. Since our founding in 2008, we have awarded over $1.3 billion in grants to more than 600 organizations advancing climate solutions around the world. We helped grow the field of climate philanthropy to where it stands today, establishing infrastructure, global networks, and momentum for continued growth. Through our Global Programs and Services, we equip philanthropy with global knowledge, networks, and solutions to drive climate progress.
- Scaling solutions: Our collaborative Global Programs — focused on solution areas including carbon dioxide removal, cooling, industry, transportation, and more — produce results that are bending the greenhouse gas emissions curve. From the U.S. to Europe, China, Brazil, and beyond, we collaborate with a diverse community of funders, NGOs, and climate leaders to accelerate just and equitable climate solutions.
- Guiding and supporting funders: Our Global Services provide funders with comprehensive resources to assess, build, evolve, and execute high-impact climate-giving strategies. Our Global Intelligence service equips funders and the climate community with climate insights to pinpoint opportunities for impact and philanthropic insights to help identify investment priorities. We facilitate Global Collaborations that enable funders to increase individual and collective impact. Our Global Grantmaking services enable funders to invest in climate solutions around the world.
- Fostering collaboration, exploration, and growth: Our collaborative approach and commitment to learning ensures that we continuously explore innovative ideas and emerging opportunities — all with the aim of scaling philanthropy-supported initiatives to help end the climate crisis.
As experts in climate science, public policy, economic and social analysis, and strategic philanthropy, ClimateWorks’ staff understands the multi-faceted challenges and opportunities of climate change. We are researchers, strategists, collaborators, and grantmakers who care passionately about our mission. For more information, please visit www.climateworks.org.
The Information Systems & Technology Department (IS&T) serves as a key partner within the broader operations function at ClimateWorks, managing and optimizing the organization's use of technology and information to support key business objectives. The IS&T team owns the development and maintenance of the long-term roadmap for ClimateWorks’ broader systems architecture, including the ongoing development of system implementations, feature, and functionality enhancements. In addition, user support and help desk, risk management, cybersecurity, infrastructure management and network administration are core responsibilities of the IS&T department.
The Information Systems division within the IS&T Department also collaborates closely with the Global Intelligence Department to curate and maintain the systems and processes that are used to collect, store, analyze and share climate and philanthropic insight related data with internal staff and partners. The philanthropic insights function of the Global Intelligence service is one of many shared responsibilities between the Global Intelligence team and the Information Systems team in support of the Global Intelligence Service.
The Associate Director, Information Systems will report to the Senior Director, Information Systems & Technology to provide strategic and operational support for key internal business processes and related information systems. The successful candidate should have 7-10 years of experience working in complex organizations directly managing people and teams, in addition to experience managing integrated data and systems architecture projects. They should be strategic thinkers who are able to see how departmental processes and data points are interconnected. They should be able to identify opportunities to streamline and increase efficiencies of information sharing within those workstreams, leading systems and integration implementations in a clearly communicated, diplomatic and persistent manner.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage and lead the ongoing integration of key business processes – including the underlying connected data across financial and programmatic processes.
- Directly manage two full time staff, as well as multiple contractors and vendors; provide strong leadership, including mentoring and coaching for support staff to create a high performing cohesive team.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations for all Salesforce implementations, including the project management and systems administration functions.
- Own the administration function and capacity needs of multiple Salesforce instances across ClimateWorks.
- Continually identify opportunities for system improvements and increased user adoption through deep user engagement.
- Lead the communication and documentation of the systems and data architecture including the connection of linked processes.
- Manage 3rd party integration tool(s) and related vendors (Workato) and the numerous data automations across key business systems. Identify opportunities and manage implementation of additional data transfers and increased efficiencies in existing automations.
- Own the strategic understanding of how data and systems integrate/connect, including the complexities of varying requirements and legacy systems and processes across departments.
- Manage the technical and organization wide process for maintaining and evolving the taxonomy used to track all activities supporting ClimateWorks’ programs and services.
- Effectively lead change management efforts across the organization supporting technology implementations and process changes.
- 7-10 years of experience in people management in addition to information systems management, experience working in philanthropic organizations preferred.
- A successful track record of delivering complex systems and new features on-time and on-budget.
- Experience leading collaborative business requirements processes for internal and external stakeholders in complex, ambiguous, multi-stakeholder projects.
- Knowledge of business systems and databases including Salesforce CRM, Pardot, Fluxx Grants Management System, Intacct, Adaptive (Workday) and project management applications such as JIRA and Asana. Salesforce certification or comparable work experience preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with 3rd party integration (IPaaS) tools like Workato (preferred), Jitterbit, Zapier, etc. to facilitate data automations across core business systems including experience in identifying prospective data automations to increase efficiencies.
- Ability to verbally and visually present complex concepts and technical information to a non-technical audience in a clear and concise fashion.
- A team player with superlative ability to collaborate with others across the organization.
- Adept in identifying relative level-of-effort required and associated complexities for technical projects to determine realistic approaches and roadmaps.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision, including working under pressure and managing shifting priorities.
- Strong writing, editing, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience and comfort working in a highly collaborative and deadline-driven professional environment.
- A commitment to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment.
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience (geographic differential applied based on location). This position is a contract position with employment terms negotiated through the foundation’s staffing agency.
Salary Range: $120,000 - $140,000 annually ***ClimateWorks strives to create an equitable culture of transparency and fairness.
ClimateWorks Foundation is based in the San Francisco Financial District. This position is classified as US Flexible. Exceptional candidates can work from the SF office or from other locations, geographic differential applied to compensation based on local cost of labor.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org