FinDev Canada’s Portfolio Management Unit is an integral part of the Investments Team, who as a whole is responsible for originating, structuring, documentation, credit approval process, closing and managing tailored financial solutions to private sector companies contributing to the sustainable development of developing countries.
The Portfolio Management team’s core task consists of the supervision of FinDev Canada’s portfolio of transactions from post-closing to final repayment, in close coordination with other relevant business units.
FinDev Canada is seeking an Investment Officer to join the FinDev Canada’s Portfolio Management team. The Investment Officer will develop and maintain excellent client and partner relationships, monitor risks, and manage them according to FinDev Canada’s internal processes. The successful candidate will also be expected to contribute their previous experience to the growth and development of the relatively new unit playing a key role in the evolution and continuous improvement of FinDev Canada’s practices and processes.
- Actively manage a portfolio of transactions, effectively monitoring risks, and working closely with internal subject matter experts, such as legal, risk, impact, and business integrity, to maintain a wholistic view of each investment while effectively managing the client relationship.
- Apply judgement and interpretation in the internal approval process and draft legal documentation for waivers, consents, amendments and notices in order to protect the interests of FinDev Canada and mitigate against and possibly eliminate potential events of default.
- Track FinDev Canada’s counterparties covenants (financial, reporting, ESG) to ensure they are complied with, and take appropriate action in case of any breaches.
- Perform annual reviews, credit rating updates, and periodic valuations of each investment in the portfolio.
- Review draft and existing loan, equity, fund and project finance documentation to ensure workability and the accuracy of all financial details and compliance with FinDev Canada’s policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development and review of existing portfolio management processes to help ensure alignment of FinDev Canada with industry best practices in Portfolio Management activities.
- Communicate effectively with management and other internal stakeholders (incl. Risk Mgt, Impact, Legal, and other committees) throughout the portfolio management process.
- Develop a network in the DFI space and keep abreast of global trends and country-specific developments that could impact FinDev Canada’s portfolio.
- Coach & mentor more junior employees in the technical aspects of transaction analysis, deal management and credit process.
- Completed CFA, MBA, or MSc in Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant post-MBA Investment experience working with private sector companies in the infrastructure, renewable energy, or agribusiness sectors in developing markets.
- Networking and relationship management skills.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and time management skills.
- Strong preference for candidates with experience working with other Development Finance Institutions or Multilateral Development Banks.
- Understanding and experience with economic and development issues in developing countries preferably in Latin America, the Caribbean, and/or Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Knowledge of and commitment to sustainable development.
- Proficient in English. In addition, proficiency in French and/or Spanish preferred.
What we offer:
- FinDev Canada’s Total Rewards offering is about much more than a paycheque and provides a comprehensive package that responds to the different needs and moments of an employee’s life. These benefits include cash compensation, competitive premium flex benefits and insurance coverage, pension plan, paid leave for various life circumstances, paid professional development and language training, and a hybrid, flexible, and diverse work environment.
- Physical office in downtown Montreal, flexibility to work under a hybrid model (home/office).
- Frequent travel required in FinDev Canada’s core markets (international)
FinDev Canada’s Commitment to Employment Equity
FinDev Canada is committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment that respects people from all cultures, backgrounds and with a range of ability, and nurturing a culture of inclusion and belonging where everyone has equal opportunity to grow, develop, succeed and be their truest selves in an inclusive environment. We are committed to employment equity and actively encourage applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. If selected for an interview, please advise us if you require special accommodations
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org