PartnersGlobal (previously Partners for Democratic Change), established in 1989, is an international, non-governmental organization committed to building sustainable capacity to advance democratic institutions, civil society, and a culture of peaceful change and conflict management worldwide. PartnersGlobal specializes in organizational development and social entrepreneurship, having provided the seed capital and technical assistance to establish 21 independent, local Centers around the world.
PartnersGlobal adheres to the values of participatory decision-making, collaboration, and consensus-building as the fundamentals of an inclusive, democratic society; and we promote the application of these skills in all aspects of our work. The PartnersGlobal team includes process and technical experts, facilitators, and trainers who apply those collaborative skills to achieve concrete results in technical areas such as rule of law development, women’s empowerment, security sector reform, and natural resource management. Our network of local Centers is renowned for undertaking cutting edge work and applying our process expertise to convene disparate parties to jointly tackle some of the most complex development challenges.
The Program Manager will work predominantly with the MENA team to ensure professional implementation and compliance of assigned projects within the regional portfolio. The Program Manager will join a dynamic team of professionals who are passionate about PartnersGlobal’s mission and values, and who thrive working in a highly collaborative, multicultural environment. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a nimble portfolio team that is spearheading new methodologies and implementation approaches for peacebuilding and civil society resilience within our organization.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the continued growth of a vibrant organization with a strong record of achievement in the democracy, governance, and peacebuilding space, and which is well respected by donors and local organizations alike. PartnersGlobal maintains a diverse portfolio of projects across Latin America, the Middle East, Europe, and Africa. We are a committed staff with a collegial and supportive office culture, and a shared passion and belief in our work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Program Manager serves as the Program Lead, ensuring high quality, accuracy, and consistency of work. Under the intermittent supervision, the Program Manager can serve as both a Program Lead and a Program backstop, ensuring the effective implementation of programming and performance objectives within timeline and budget:
- Manage program implementation from end-to-end, including design, budget development, planning, execution, and reporting.
- Monitor implementation of individual programs through day-to-day coordination, analysis and review of data, field visits and problem solving.
- Provide technical and managerial support to partners on the ground.
- Verify that all fiscal and performance activities are compliant with PartnersGlobal policies and procedures and funder regulations.
- Proactively identify and analyze areas of risk; advise project team on solutions and preventative measures related to program goals and the technical area of the project(s).
- Draft complex project-related documents, including quarterly and final reports to donors, project workplans, and communications material for final review and approval by the Director/Senior Director.
- Manage M&E components of routine program reporting, including the project’s M&E Plan, annual work plans, quarterly reports, semi-annual and annual reports.
- Draft and approve low-level subcontractor and vendor procurement packages (including scopes of work and requests for proposals) and reviews subcontractor financial reports among other programmatic functions.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of regional BD strategy and/or on thematic areas, as appropriate, through the preparation of funding proposals and/or donor relationships management (see below).
- In coordination with the Business Development (BD) team, and under the supervision of the Director, take primary responsibility for, or contribute to, one or more of the various stages of proposal development, including: pre-proposal intelligence-gathering and research, proposal co-design, drafting of technical narrative, budget development (with guidance from the Finance Team), preparation of M&E, and other proposal components as needed.
- Maintain effective communications and ongoing coordination with local implementing organizations, project partners, and other relevant stakeholders, organizing regular project check-ins and applying effective problem-solving skills when faced with challenges related to program/project implementation and/or contextual factors.
- Establish and foster productive interactions with partners and other organizations – including sub-grantees, governments, donors, and private sector actors – to represent the mission, vision, and values of Partners
- Liaise with key program/project partners and communicate partner perspectives and goals to the regional team(s).
- Interface and/or lead engagement with donors, stakeholders, and other targeted individuals and organizations as part of in-country/regional business development.
- Work closely with finance team counterparts on monitoring project budgets, including entering projections vs. actuals, forecasting, and recasting, and supporting modification preparation (e.g., realignments, cost and no cost extensions), producing invoices, reviewing monthly financial reports, preparing advance requests, wire requests, travel authorizations and expense reports.
- Liaise with operations and finance teams to verify that all fiscal and performance activities follow PartnersGlobal policies and procedures and funder regulations; elevates compliance issues to the Director/Sr. Director when required to ensure necessary compliance action by the Senior Director of Finance.
- Solicit, draft, and edit success stories, briefs, and other communications materials for projects in coordination with program and/or field teams.
- Provide guidance and/or training to Program Support staff (Assistant, Associate, Senior Associate) working on programs/projects, as delegated by the Director/Senior Director.
- Analyze literature, policy, and technology as they relate to program area to reinforce knowledge of the team and to strengthen program outcomes.
- Design and facilitate trainings for operations/ projects staff on programs.
- Contribute to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Serve as supervisor of intern(s) or volunteers working on programs/projects; assist with intern recruitment, training, and development; apply project management experience to guide interns in their academic/professional development, enhancing knowledge, skills, and attitude.
Other Support Tasks:
- Organize logistics and travel for in-field visits, with anticipated travel up to 30%.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Provide reliable assistance in the coordination of program/project planning and implementation activities and basic research support.
- Demonstrate an informed understanding of the context of programs/projects and issues in assigned area and uses increasing independence in processing of work and follow-up actions.
- Demonstrate initiative in the identification and resolution of issues/problems.
- Well organized, produces accurate reports, records and/or data, with more limited supervisory oversight required over time.
- Know and consistently apply appropriate policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Effectively, and in timely manner, liaises and interacts with colleagues and concerned parties internally and externally.
- 3-5 years of related experience working on development and/or peacebuilding projects.
- Experience with and ability to fulfill short-term field assignments.
- Professional background in portfolio strongly desired.
- Experience in supporting new business development, such as narrative or budget development, reporting, and/or monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent oral and writing skills with ability to express complex ideas clearly.
- Ability to analyze, organize, problem-solve, manage, and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated knowledge and competency in one or more of Partners’ program areas (e.g., organizational development, conflict resolution, civil society, good governance and rule of law, human rights, women’s empowerment).
- Strong interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with U.S. and foreign national staff and civil society, government, and the private sector actors.
- Proven team player with the skills and ability to form positive relationships with colleagues.
Education and Language:
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations, Regional Studies, Conflict Resolution, or related subjects pertaining to international development, peacebuilding, etc. or 3-5 years of relevant experience. Master’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Full professional fluency in written and spoken English; Full professional fluency of Arabic is highly desired.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org