The Global Coalition to Protect Education from Attack (GCPEA) is seeking a highly motivated person to provide operational, financial, communications, and administrative support to ensure the efficient functioning of the Coalition. The Operations and Finance Officer will report directly to the Executive Director. This position will preferably be based in New York City, NY, with a hybrid schedule of in-office and virtual work.
This position offers a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of education in emergencies, human rights, humanitarian aid, and child protection, as part of a coalition of international organizations dedicated to safeguarding schools and universities, and their students and staff, during armed conflict.
Operations and Finance Officer Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Track expenses and generate monthly financial reports, spending projections, and updated budgets and ensure adherence to project budget and donor requirements;
- Process the timely payment of all invoiced expenses and reimbursements, including payments of consultants and vendors;
- Assist with reports to donors, track reporting requirements for grants, and produce financial reports to funders;
- Review, reconcile, and submit monthly credit card statements in a timely fashion, and manage petty cash accounts; and
- Liaise with the Tides Center accountant to ensure accuracy of all financial reporting and timely processing of all financial transactions.
Administration and Operations
- Maintain the Coalition’s contacts and other databases, along with accurate records for GCPEA’s procurement and activities;
- Schedule regular meetings and contribute to the planning and implementation of bi-monthly call-in meetings of the Steering Committee and bi-annual in-person meetings, often held internationally, including travel and all logistics;
- Liaise with graphic designers, translators, and other vendors throughout the production of reports and other publications and proofread documents as needed; and
- Perform routine administrative tasks necessary to the functioning of the Coalition.
Communications, Social Media, and Information Technology
- Manage GCPEA’s web presence, including website maintenance, and track and report on GCPEA’s online footprint;
- Manage GCPEA’s social media accounts and develop content for use in online communications; and
- Develop and manage electronic mailings and manage GCPEA’s email accounts and other online accounts and liaise with IT/helpdesk to troubleshoot computer and internet problems as necessary.
- Travel occasionally, as required, including to bi-annual Steering Committee meetings, approximately half of which are held internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs, International Education, Non-profit Management, or a similar or relevant field.
- A minimum of three years of operations, administrative, or finance experience is preferred, but not required. Event management experience, including arranging travel, is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Exceptional attention to detail under tight deadlines.
- Excellent organization skills and a proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to carry out basic financial and accounting tasks, or willingness to learn; capacity to clearly and effectively communicate financial and budget information.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills, as well as the ability to write for different audiences and modes of communication, including social media.
- Ability to work efficiently and interact with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, differing levels of seniority, and an array of diverse organizations, including civil society, international organizations and government.
- Capacity to take initiative without prompting, take ownership of projects, and consistently follow-up on tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize action and responses.
- Highly skilled and proficient in executing administrative tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
The application deadline is October 6, 2023. However, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so please consider applying at your earliest convenience.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org