Are you ready to lead transformative initiatives and create lasting impact? The Danish Red Cross (DRC) invites you to embrace a unique opportunity as the Country Manager in Bangladesh.
As we embark on a journey to empower vulnerable communities, provide healthcare, and support adaptation to population movement impacts, your leadership will shape the course of our humanitarian efforts.
DRC has been working in partnership with the Bangladesh Red Cross Society (BDRCS) since 2017. Our Country Strategy 2022-2025 focuses on key programmatic priorities to empower vulnerable communities, promote healthcare, and support adaptation to population movement impacts.
As the Country Manager for DRC in Bangladesh, you will drive the strategic direction of our engagement in the country. You will lead a dedicated team, manage program operations, and cultivate partnerships with stakeholders. Your responsibilities encompass strategic leadership, effective team management, partnership development, and fundraising strategy implementation.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership for DRC's engagement in Bangladesh, in alignment with our international and country strategies.
- Lead, mentor, and manage a diverse team of delegates and national staff, fostering collaboration and growth.
- Oversee the development and management of DRC's portfolio in the country, ensuring effective implementation of ongoing projects.
- Represent DRC and establish strong partnerships with key stakeholders such as BDRCS, IFRC, ICRC, and governmental bodies.
- Drive cross-cutting priorities such as climate action, innovation, and localization to enhance the impact of our programs.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy to secure resources for sustainable program growth.
- Ensure financial management is maintained at both country and program levels, meeting donor requirements and guidelines.
Expected Key Results:
- Expand the program portfolio, with a specific focus on the population movement operation in Cox's Bazar
- Strengthen the partnership with our principal partner, Bangladesh Red Cross Society (BDRCS)
- Establish and nurture partnerships for consortia cooperation modalities, driving collaborative efforts
- Ensure efficient financial management of country and program levels to maintain accountability
The main tasks include
- Ensure a well-functioning DRC country team, with clear delegation and coordination of responsibilities and tasks (incl. use of result-based contracts, planning, and feedback mechanisms)
- Supervise DRC contracted staff as well as external consultants
- Responsible for day-to-day management, guidance, development, and performance appraisal of DRC delegates and national staff
- Establish a setup and working environment that ensures the wellbeing and high performance of staff
- Responsible for the in-country security set up and continuously maintaining the security plan updated
- Function as DRC representative in Bangladesh towards BDRCS, donors, Movement partners and external stakeholders as well as internally within DRC
- Strengthen the dialogue with BDRCS senior management based on the BDRCS/DRC partnership strategies and priorities, programming, resource mobilisation and impact
- Contribute to the implementation of strategic global cooperation initiatives
- Manage and supervise contracts and agreements with BDRCS and IFRC, and other partners
- Responsible for development and implementation of DRC Country Strategy with substantive input from in-country delegates and national staff, DRC HQ and HoR and in close coordination and cooperation with the BDRCS as well as Movement and non- Movement partners
- Identification of DRC strategic priorities/areas for partnership and programming in Bangladesh, in line with the DRC and strategies in coordination with HoR, other partners and key stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field; Master's degree preferred
- Proven track record in strategic leadership and team management
- Extensive experience in humanitarian and development work, preferably from a similar context
- Strong understanding of Red Cross Movement principles and humanitarian standards
- Excellent networking, partnership-building, and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in English; knowledge of Bengali is a plus
- Demonstrated success in fundraising and business development
The starting date is 1 April 2024. The contract period is 2 years with possibility of extension.
Dhaka is currently a family duty station. Regular travel to programme areas and occasional international travel is expected.
Salary and benefits are competitive and in accordance with the DRC Terms and Conditions for Managers on Long Term Missions.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org