The bedari collective invests in regenerative systems and infrastructure, seeking to build greater consciousness and connection between individuals, communities and the planet. bedari collective uses a spectrum of for-profit and non-profit models to craft systematic approaches to today’s problems. We build upon a wealth of experience and expertise to catalyze and grow regenerative solutions in essential, built, nature, and care systems globally (learn more about our systems approach at www.bedaricollective.com). We are looking for a highly effective Program Coordinator to join our growing team. This is a great opportunity for an early career professional to jump in and help shape an organization.
The ideal candidate will actively support and coordinate a cross-section of activities and projects in bedari’s portfolio. Current activities include: a not-for-profit investment in a private game reserve in sub-Saharan Africa working at the intersection of conservation and community development; investments in early-stage InfraTech companies and in green infrastructure; grants to fund scientific research in innovative fields related to regeneration, as well as several philanthropic programs to impact regenerative systems globally. The ideal candidate will support bedari’s team and network of outside partners to organize, measure, optimize projects and impact, as well as support development and coordination of our organization.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct research to assist the bedari team in our work across non-profit and for-profit spaces. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an extremely high level of curiosity, and will proactively research themes, trends and innovations that will help bedari better understand how to approach the regenerative space. They will distill their research into concise memos and presentations, and share research insights with the bedari team and external partners as needed.
- Assist in creating and implementing metrics for ongoing program monitoring and evaluation. The ideal candidate will be engaged in choosing and/or creating metrics that enable us to ensure our activities are in service of our stated goals. Subsequently, the ideal candidate will support active portfolio management against these metrics by assessing operational and financial progress (including against project budgets) and key performance indicators.
- Help build bedari’s suite of program offerings. The ideal candidate will work with the broader team to help in researching, conceptualizing, and executing new programming initiatives. They will participate with the team in building best in class projects supporting for-profit and non-profit actors in the regenerative sector, with the goal of advancing this evolving space forward. Examples may include newsletters, summits, and cohort-based programming such as incubators or accelerators.
- Provide operational and internal support as needed. The ideal candidate will assist with logistics and internal scheduling on an as-needed basis, and will help build structure and formality around our office operations.
- Assist with financial processes where relevant. The ideal candidate will help with grantmaking, budgeting, or other financial tasks related to ongoing projects. They may also assist with research, financial modeling and due diligence related to new projects and initiatives, as needed.
Skills and Experience
- Proactive, independent and well-organized
- Excellent research skills and deep curiosity in a wide range of themes and topics, including science and technology innovations; social and environmental developments; and impact-focused investments, companies and philanthropic programs. The candidate’s resume should reflect a broad range of interests and involvements.
- Ability to operate effectively in a startup-like environment of high ambiguity, and bring structured methodologies, thought processes and cadences to their work
- Capacity to collect and analyze large amounts of qualitative and quantitative data, and distill outcomes into concise theses and recommendations
- Ability to produce research memos, reports and presentations in concise language and with appropriate formatting
- Excellent people skills, including ability to work professionally and effectively with bedari’s team and external partners, which may include government offices, portfolio companies, company stakeholders, and non-profit organizations
- Strong global cultural awareness and competence, including comfort meeting with global partners
- Familiarity with financial concepts such as debt, credit, and equity, or a willingness to learn
- 1-3 years of work experience
- Undergraduate degree focused on economics, global affairs, political science, international development, sustainability, social impact and related sciences preferred. The candidate must demonstrate strong capacity for analytical and quantitative work.
- Work experience involving program evaluation preferred. Impact-related internship or work experience a strong plus.
- Fluent in English
- Authorized to work in the United States
This role is based in New York City. At this time, employees are expected to be in the Midtown office 3-4 days per week. Base salary is one component of bedari’s total compensation package, which typically includes discretionary compensation, comprehensive health benefits, and paid time off.
To apply, please email [email protected] with a resume and cover letter. The email subject line should be Program Coordinator Application. Emails with the incorrect subject will not be considered.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org