Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Coordination Specialist and overall guidance of the Deputy Regional Director, the Monitoring and Reporting consultant will,
- Provide high-quality monitoring and reporting services to the Regional Office for the Arab States on a retainer basis;
- Work closely with programme/thematic portfolio leads and the data and results management team to ensure effective, timely and comprehensive implementation of the ROAS Strategic Note monitoring plan and compliance with corporate monitoring and reporting standards. This includes high-quality donor reports, and periodic and annual internal reporting on UN Women’s internal results management systems. Through technical support and targeted sessions provided by the Firm/Team, the overall monitoring and reporting capacity of UN Women in the Arab States region will be enhanced.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies: https://www.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/Headquarters/Attachments/Sections/About%20Us/Employment/UN-Women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf
- Knowledge and skills in results-based management;
- Ability to contribute to the formulation, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of development programmes and projects;
- Very strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong knowledge of general gender equity and women’s empowerment issues in the Arab States region;
- Very strong knowledge of the UN system and understanding of its rules and regulations.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Certification:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in data analysis, development, social sciences, public administration, gender, or other social science field;
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience at the national and/or international level in planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of programmes is required;
- Experience in the field of gender and human rights of women is a significant advantage;
- Prior experience in the UN System will be an asset, particularly in the Arab States region;
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong drive for results and capacity to work independently.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodology: Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points in the technical evaluation will be considered for the financial evaluation. Criteria Weight Technical: 70% (70 points)
I.Education: Master’s degree in international relations, development studies, public administration, gender or other social science field (A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree). Weight is 30% (21 Points)
II.Professional Experience;5 years of progressively responsible experience at the national and/or international level in planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of programmes. Experience in the field of gender and human rights of women is significant advantage. Prior experience in the UN System will be an asset, particularly in the Arab States region. Weight 40% (28 points)
- RBM, Report Writing, and language Skills; Strong RBM and report writing skills. Proficient in English communication, verbal and writing. Knowledge of the Arabic language is an asset weight 30% (21 Points)
- Financial offer; Lowest Financial Proposal: 30% (30 points), the points for the Financial Proposal will be allocated as per the following formula:
- Contract will be awarded to the technically qualified consultant who obtains the highest combined score (financial and technical);
- The points for the Financial Proposal will be allocated as per the following formula: (Lowest Bid Offered*)/ (Bid of the Consultant) x 30;
- 'Lowest Bid Offered' refers to the lowest price offered by Offerors scoring at least 49 points in the technical evaluation.
How to Apply
- Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns, or other materials.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org