East-West Management Institute, Inc. (EWMI) invites applications by international experts and nationals of Sri Lanka for a number of positions as part of EWMI’s proposal for the upcoming five-year, $14-17 million Social Cohesion Activity (SCA) funded by USAID Sri Lanka. The Activity will work to address the following objectives:
1. Strengthen structures facilitating social cohesion, reconciliation, and respect for human rights;
2. Reduce socio-economic disparities and exclusion of vulnerable communities;
3. Enhance community resilience.
These are full-time, long-term positions based in Colombo, Sri Lanka, and offer competitive compensation and benefits. These assignments are contingent on donor approval and funding, and are expected to start around July 2024.
Deputy Chief of Party
· Minimum 7 years of experience in senior management positions with international, donor-funded development programs related to civil society, social cohesion, reconciliation, or related fields;
· Demonstrated experience in leading teams to achieve development results at similar financial and organizational scopes;
· Advanced degree in political science, international relations, conflict resolution, or relevant fields, or a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 5 additional years of related experience;
· Experience in Sri Lanka, South Asia, or regions at similar stages of economic and social development, especially in post-conflict and other fluid contexts;
· Technical expertise in social inclusion and cohesion, gender mainstreaming, people-to-people reconciliation, community and civil society development, and conflict sensitivity;
· Strong experience in organizational management of donor-funded projects, including overseeing financial, administrative, and operational systems and personnel;
· Demonstrated leadership and management skills related to activity management, including activity planning and performance management, motivating and supervising team efforts, and financial and personnel management;
· Demonstrated effectiveness in developing and maintaining professional relationships with host country counterparts in government, civil society, and the private sector.
Please send (i) a curriculum vitae, (ii) cover letter, and (iii) contact information for three references to: [email protected] and include in the subject line the title of the position for which you are applying. No phone calls please. EWMI will contact applicants for interviews or to request additional information. EWMI is an equal-opportunity employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org