Caritas Austria, with its implementing partners, has provided humanitarian and development assistance in Lebanon during successive crises in the past decades. Today, we continue to be active in Lebanon with a particular focus on education, protection, and health assistance. With a growing project portfolio, we are hiring a Finance and Operations Officer to work alongside our Lebanon programme coordinator in Beirut and in close cooperation with our implementing partners.
PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Finance and Operations Officer will play a key role to ensure that financial, operational, and logistical procedures are implemented in line with relevant policies and agreements. She/he will work under the guidance of the Lebanon Program Manager (based in Lebanon) and the Lebanon Senior Program Manager (based in Vienna) on the development of project budgets and financial reports, procurement, and the monitoring and verification of expenses. She/he will also act as security and logistics focal point for Caritas Austria’s Lebanon office.
The Finance and Operations Officer will be part of Caritas Austria’s Middle East/Asia team, and based in Beirut, Lebanon, with travel to project sites in Lebanon.
- Monitor financials for all Lebanon grants, including project and partner budgets, transfers, forecasts and reports
- Support implementing partners in preparing and reviewing budgets, financial reports, tenders, and project audits
- Support implementing partners in complying with donor rules and regulations, cooperation agreements, project manuals, professional quality standards, and Caritas Austria’s internal and donor financial regulations and policies
- Support implementing partners in maintaining effective financial accounting and control systems, including control of data entries and processing (e.g. with the help of SAPI accounting software)
- Ensure smooth running of Caritas Austria’s Lebanon office, including equipment, IT and logistics
- Act as security focal point and back-up for colleagues traveling within Lebanon
- Facilitate visits to Lebanon by colleagues, as well as donor and media representatives
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Be a resident of Lebanon, with the ability to work in Lebanon
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, or accounting or relevant qualifications and experience as a finance and/or operations officer
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in finance administration in the humanitarian and development field is a plus
- Excellent IT skills including proven proficiency with Excel and financial databases
- Excellent command of Arabic and English, both spoken and written
- Solution-oriented, flexible, and independent professional attitude
- Sensitive to partnership dynamics and able to promote trustful and transparent partnerships
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, and meet deadlines without losing eye for detail
- Ability to synthesize complex information and communicate it effectively to diverse audiences
- Kindly submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with “Finance and Operations Officer Lebanon” as subject line latest on 22 November 2023;
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview which includes a scenario exercise;
- A second interview is conducted with the final two candidates
Caritas Austria is committed to equal employment opportunities. We encourage anyone who fulfils the above criteria to apply – irrespective of age, gender, or religious, sexual, or ethnic affiliation. Within Caritas Austria there is no space for exploitation, abuse, discrimination, or corruption. Caritas Austria is a member of the interagency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. The successful candidate will be required to sign and adhere to Caritas Austria’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org