The Refugee Hub is a unique organization committed to changing the global system of protection pathways for refugees and migrants, including those impacted by climate change.
We envision a world where every displaced person has a path to safety, work, education, and community, and every potential host community has an opportunity to welcome.
Our team includes world-leading experts with backgrounds in government, civil society, philanthropy, law, and business. We work in more than 20 countries to design and implement new policies and programs.
In addition to a wide range of direct support to key stakeholders, our current flagship partnerships include:
- The Global Refugee Sponsorship Initiative (GRSI)
- The Resettlement Diplomacy Network (RDN)
ABOUT THE ROLE - WHAT WILL YOU DO?
We are seeking a Senior Development Manager or a Senior Consultant for Development to join the Refugee Hub’s powerful global team.
The role will be responsible for shaping and executing the Refugee Hub's relationship-based development and fundraising strategy, collaborating closely with the Leadership Team to harness the support of donors for the advancement of our global reach and impact.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, highly motivated strategic thinker with established donor networks, who will thrive as part of a fast-moving, collaborative, global team.
The role will be based in the United States. We are willing to consider an employment or consultancy arrangement.
- Strategy and planning: Work with the Leadership Team to develop and implement the Refugee Hub’s development and fundraising strategy, leveraging the potential of donors to support our activities and expand our global reach and impact. Support the development and updating of organizational strategies.
- Stakeholder engagement: Identify and advise on key contacts the Leadership team should cultivate to promote the Refugee Hub’s mission and work. Support the effective communication of the Refugee Hub’s strategic priorities to key stakeholders.
- Donor prospecting: Identify and cultivate new high net worth donors and funding prospects.
- Grant writing: Propose grants to apply for, coordinate key internal stakeholders to develop application strategies, and write and team-lead grant applications.
- Collateral: Lead the development of materials to support the Refugee Hub’s fundraising and partnership development initiatives, such as brochures or concept notes.
- Processes and workflow: Lead the development of effective internal processes and work procedures for fundraising and development work.
- Reporting: Lead the preparation of high-quality reports to donors and the organization’s Board of Directors / Advisory Board to ensure accountability and positioning for ongoing support.
- Educational Background: A Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Business, Nonprofit Management, or Communication). A Master’s degree or certifications in related areas would be advantageous.
- Professional Experience: Proven track record in fundraising, partnership development, or donor relations, with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Strategy Development and Communication: Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing fundraising or partnership strategies. Ability to effectively communicate organizational strategies to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Relationship Management and Stakeholder Engagement: Demonstrated expertise in networking and building robust relationships with diverse donor networks, combined with a proven ability to engage and influence a wide range of stakeholders. Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills are essential.
- Grant Writing Expertise: Experience in successful grant proposal development, strategy formation for applications, and leading teams during the grant application process.
- Collateral Development: Excellence in creating impactful fundraising materials, including brochures, concept notes, pitch decks, and other related collateral.
- Process Management: Strong organizational skills with experience in creating and refining internal workflows and procedures, particularly related to fundraising and development.
- Reporting Abilities: Expertise in preparing high-quality reports for donors, board members, and other stakeholders. This includes ensuring accountability and maintaining relationships for continued support.
The position will be US based, with preference for those with proximity to major fundraising markets including New York or California. Candidates must be available for flexible working hours, including availability for calls across time zones, primarily in EST. Applicants contacted for evaluation will be asked to provide proof that they have the legal right to work in their country of residence. Maintaining such legal right to work in their country of residence is a condition of employment.
- One-year term contract (renewable) for employees.
- Flexible arrangements for consultants are possible.
- Cover letter
- Unedited writing sample of no more than five pages.
Please apply through Bamboo HR at refugeehub.bamboohr.com/jobs by December 3, 2023 11:59 pm EST to be considered for this position.
The Refugee Hub is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion, and encourages qualified candidates of all genders and from all national, religious, and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply.
The Refugee Hub will provide accommodation upon request during the recruitment, selection, and assessment process for candidates with a disability.