PROSAFE is seeking to recruit a Junior Policy and Project Officer. The offer is for a full-time employment based at the PROSAFE Office in Brussels.
The Junior Policy and Project Officer would be employed within the team responsible for the implementation of a Joint and Concerted Actions on market surveillance.
The Junior Officer responsibilities
- Support the drafting of policy-related content and design materials for PROSAFE’s communication channels;
- Support the project management by following and monitoring implementation of various project tasks;
- Participate in virtual project meetings and conferences, and preparing supporting or follow-up materials (such as presentations, minutes and reports), and the implementation of relevant tasks for EU-funded projects and Joint Actions;
- Undertake general administrative, financial reporting and project management tasks;
- Contributing to writing and reviewing project reports, factsheets, case studies, and other project deliverables;
- Proofreading and editing various project reports and project materials;
- Collecting and processing project documentation from the project beneficiaries;
- Engaging and collaborating with project participants, membership, stakeholders and third parties;
- Support the preparation/drafting of proposals in response to tenders and call for proposals issued by the EU Institutions;
- The ideal candidate will work under the direction of the Executive Director, and thus undertake other project activities as determined during staff meetings.
- 2 years of working experience in an office environment minimum. Applications with less experience will not be considered.
Level of education:
- University degree of 3 or 4 years in Economics, European Affairs, Social and Political studies, Environmental Studies, Sciences and Technology;
- Followed by a Master’s Degree of minimum 1 year in the above-mentioned disciplines.
The candidate should show commitment to the values, vision and mission of consumer safety NGOs and have interest the market surveillance of Energy Efficiency and Ecodesign and product safety issues.
- English level compared to a native speaker; excellent writing skills.
- Excellent general IT literacy, robust knowledge of Excel and others statistics tools.
- Data Analysis skills, ability to synthesise and switch fast through various topics and familiarity with European Union funded projects are an asset.
- A willingness to “pitch in” where required. No job too big or small;
- Ability to handle pressure, and work within tight deadlines;
- Genuine team-player;
- Analytical mind with aptitude in math and ability to present technical information in simple terms;
- Positive and outgoing personality;
- A problem-solver with attention to detail and ability to spot errors;
- Well-organized, efficient and reliable;
- A can-do attitude, backed by speedy and accurate work;
- Assertive not abrasive.
Be eligible to work in Belgium.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org