Peace Action Fund of New York State (PAFNYS) is seeking a Deputy Director for Development with event planning experience to work from our downtown Manhattan office and remotely, as needed. This is a part-time position that has the possibility of becoming a full-time development position.
PAFNYS is a non-partisan, non-profit 501(c)3 organization dedicated to promoting the non-violent resolution of conflict, the abolition of nuclear weapons, halting the global spread of conventional arms, building a human rights culture and supporting human needs instead of militarism. These goals are pursued through the production and dissemination of educational materials for the public, activists and policy makers, as well as through community and campus organizing initiatives and public outreach. Peace Action Fund of New York State (PAFNYS) and its sister membership organization Peace Action New York State (PANYS) are affiliated with national Peace Action, the nation's largest, most active grassroots peace organization, and help support the work of 12 community and 16 campus chapters throughout NYS.
A candidate who wishes to be considered for this position will assume the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate a major fundraising event that will take place in the fall of 2017.
- Review and evaluate all current fundraising projects and events as well as recommend, implement, and plan projects and events, in conjunction with other staff and volunteers.
- Develop and oversee long-term and annual plans to recruit new major donors and upgrade and renew existing major donors.
- Develop and oversee annual mail, social media, and telemarketing campaigns to recruit, renew, reinstate, upgrade, and acknowledge the giving of supporters. Prepare copy and other materials for approval.
- Oversee the development of funding proposals, and develop and oversee schedules and plans recruiting new funders and the renewal of existing grants.
- Perform other duties as assigned and time permitting.
The first project for the Deputy Director will be to coordinate a fundraising event to celebrate the 60th anniversary of Peace Action, the nation's largest grassroots peace advocacy organization. This event will take place in October 2017 at a location in New York City. This project will be a collaboration between national Peace Action and Peace Action Fund of New York State.
- Commitment to Peace Action's mission and campaigns.
- Demonstrated track record in successful fundraising.
- At least 2 to 3 years in successful planning of events.
- Comfortable working in a small, shared office environment.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Access Database, and Excel, Internet research. Experience in Quickbooks and Salsa a plus.
- Strong communication skills. Active listening, taking in feedback without defensiveness, using all communication tools necessary, and maintaining clear channels for communication.
- Strong reporting skills. Must be able to analyze and communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in written format, with staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrated proactive work ethic and troubleshooting/problem-solving skills; ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, resourceful and flexible
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines, and meet schedules and assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to motivate others, interact and perform in a diverse, team-oriented environment.
- Experience in multi-cultural fundraising a plus, experience working in progressive politics or social change organizing a plus, bilingual a plus.
SUPERVISOR: Director of Finance and Administration
Please send cover letter and resume.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*