World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world's leading conservation organization, seeks a Specialist for WWF GEF Project Agency at our Washington, DC office. The Specialist supports engagement of partners and development of policy and strategy for WWF's Global Environment Facility (GEF) Agency. This person oversees/leads project and program development and implementation as a member of the WWF GEF Agency.
This position: (i) provides support and guidance to teams developing WWF GEF concepts and projects, to ensure quality and compliance with WWF and GEF policy, (ii) plays an oversight and project compliance role for WWF GEF projects in implementation, and (iii) contributes to WWF GEF Agency strategy and operational efficiency. The position does not directly develop or manage projects.
* Must have at least 4 years of progressively responsible experience with project management.
* Master's degree is desired, in fields of study such as international affairs, international development, environmental policy, or environmental science. Candidates with a Bachelor's degree in the indicated fields of study must have six years of relevant work experience
* At least three years of experience in developing large bilateral and or multilateral funded projects is preferred.
* Experience specifically with governments and institutions of the African continent is a plus
* Experience in managing/supervising project implementation/execution is desired.
* Experience working with GEF projects and knowledge of GEF policies and project cycle management is desired
* Must have excellent English oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and publications
* Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail
* Demonstrated ability to work on multiple initiatives with competing priorities
* Ability to operate with independence and under pressure to meet deadlines and commitments
* Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with teams across cultures and multiple time zones
* Willingness to travel internationally and work beyond normal business hours
* Demonstrated knowledge of public sector fundraising, budgeting, and monitoring of compliance with donor norms is desired
* Experience working with WWF and the WWF Network is desired
* Experience working in a developing countries/regions is desired
* Experience conducting business in French is preferred
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*