The position The Country Manager will be responsible for leading the ambitious change agenda for Aga Khan Education Service, Tanzania (AKES,T). This will include bringing efficiencies to the management and operations of the schools and raising the profile of the Aga Khan Schools in Tanzania. This is a vitally important role with genuine transformational potential.
- collaborating with the Regional CEO and team articulate AKES,T’s vision in line with the global and regional vision and develop strategies for achieving that vision;
- creating annual operating plans that support the strategic direction set by the Regional office.
- promoting a culture that reflects the values of AKES, encourages and rewards high performance and productivity;
- overseeing the design, delivery and quality of AKES,T's programmes and services;
- ensuring that operations are managed in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements;
- creating and maintaining procedures for implementing plans which have been approved by the Regional office;
- making recommendations on policy, programmes, resource allocation and management, based upon a clear understanding of AKEST's portfolio and on market intelligence;
- communicating information, as necessary, to ensure that senior leaders and staff throughout the organization are fully informed and able to carry out their work effectively;
- collecting, analyzing and evaluating information that measures the success of AKES,T’s programme efforts, and acting on this information to make changes where necessary;
- supporting the establishment of an information system for tracking and reporting of academic and management performance.
- working with the school heads and the Regional Head of Education to establish school quality indicators, to oversee short-term and long-term school development plans, and to support the implementation of these plans to achieve set objectives and improvement against established quality indicators;
- leading the school heads in guiding and monitoring the delivery of curricula, ensuring quality delivery in all grade-levels, timely completion of syllabus and meeting of targets in external examinations, and development and implementation of corrective action plans;
- providing leadership for the delinking of AKEST schools.
- facilitating the recruitment, retention and professional development of the highest quality staff throughout AKEST, ensuring that the organization evaluates staff performance on a regular basis;
- ensuring that sound policies, processes and documentation are created and maintained with the aim of creating a positive working environment and quality of life for all AKEST staff, and in line with relevant employment legislation.
- directing the development of AKEST’s annual budgets in collaboration with the Finance Manager in line with agreed strategic and operating plans, solid performance data and market intelligence;
- prudently managing AKEST's resources within budget guidelines and providing information about performance against budget.
- ensuring timely and appropriate retrofitting of existing facilities and ongoing maintenance of school facilities so they reflect the quality of the AKES image.
- serving as the primary spokesperson and representative for AKEST and ensuring that AKEST’s mission, programmes and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders and aligned with the global and regional vision;
- fostering positive relationships with AKDN agencies in Tanzania and regionally, to leverage and optimize opportunities and synergies; fostering positive relationships with the Government of Tanzania.
The Country Manager will be a visionary and dynamic leader with entrepreneurial instinct, a solid administrator and have a proven ability to lead strategic change within an education system. S/he will be expected to possess the following qualifications, experience and specific attributes:
- a relevant Master’s degree, preferably an MBA;
- a minimum of 10 years of experience, with at least 5 years in a senior leadership position, preferably in an educational institution;
- demonstrable experience and success in managing operations, financial and human resources;
- experience of successfully leading and managing significant change;
- a thorough understanding of contemporary developments in the global education arena and of effective frameworks for school improvement planning;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- cultural awareness, understanding and sensitivity;
- an ability to develop relationships, to build trust, and to command respect;
- the personal impact and presence required to represent the organization externally;
- energy, enthusiasm and a passion for delivering high quality services to children and their families;
- demonstrable professionalism, commitment and integrity.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org