Analyst, Travel Security & Response is a full-time London based position responsible for providing support to the Manager Response, the Directors, Response, and the team of Response Consultants, writing and maintaining analytical support and expertise in the field of kidnap, piracy and extortion risks, providing information and statistical support to our consultants, assisting the Manager and wider team in maintaining constructive working relationships with key clients and stakeholders, and maintaining a database of relevant case material.
The analyst will provide support and reinforcement to the wider Travel Security Information team and will report to the Manager Response, and Senior Manager, Information.
The ideal candidate will be able to operate effectively and with resilience in changing and ambiguous situations.
* Deliver assessments and analysis of global events relating to kidnap and extortion risks including developments in the past month, country profiles, reports on specific issues, and groups or affected industries. A key element of this will be writing the K&R and Maritime Reports, as well as one-off broker briefs, with oversight from the Manager.
* Provide support to Response consultants deployed on kidnap and other extortion cases: preparing a deployment briefing pack, researching previous Response cases, keeping abreast of case developments and identifying information of relevance to the Response consultant;
* Help the team support key clients and stakeholders including underwriters and brokers through timely responses to requests and presentation and meeting support.
* Provide information, analysis and threat assessments to clients, internal and external; completing a wide-range of research assignments, attending meetings and Incident Management Workshops.
* Research kidnap and other extortion cases, through contacts and open source, identifying relevant websites and databases for frequent use and contributing to the improvement of research techniques;
* Load kidnap and other extortion case data on database and utilise data to support cases and clients.
* Provide administrative and budgetary support to the Response team, including assuring all processes and protocols are properly and consistently in place in the event of an incident.
* Assist Manager, Response with Business Development research related to the activities of the travel security team, including identifying client needs and potential areas of new and organic growth opportunitiy
* Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
* Good time management skills with strong ability to prioritise work to tight deadlines.
* Ability to work within a team and on own initiative, sympathetic to other cultures.
* Developed research and analytical skills.
* Distinctive analytical and problem solving skills - ability to see through complexity to understand and address the key issues.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
* Regional specific knowledge or experience and a sound knowledge of international affairs.
* Self-starter and able to operate autonomously with limited instructions.
* Make informed decisions when appropriate.
* Seek information and be responsible for developing your own awareness.
* Commercially astute - know and understand financial concepts and assess risks and the impact of actions you take in your work.
* Show an understanding of others in order to influence as appropriate.
* Maintain objectivity at all times.
* Take responsibility to analyse situations, and adapt knowledge to provide solutions, or escalate as appropriate.
* Use own knowledge and experience to make sound judgements or assist in decision making.
* Masters Degree in Politics, International Relations, Regional Studies or History.
* Languages (e.g. Mandarin, French, Arabic, Russian, Spanish).
* Skills in data analysis
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org