With generous support from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) and the Children's Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF), PSI is implementing Adolescents360, a program that reimagines the way sexual and reproductive health programs are designed and delivered to adolescent girls. The project is working with adolescent girls, her influencers, community members, health providers and policy makers in Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Tanzania to design and deliver scalable, cost-effective programs. The project is considered to be both BMGF and CIFF's “flagship” adolescent investment.
We are looking for an experienced public health and/or marketing professional to manage the implementation of Adolescents360, a multi-country, adolescent reproductive health program. The role will report to the A360 Project Director and will have direct management responsibilities for the A360 Program Manager, A360 Evidence Advisor, and possibly the Field-based Technical Advisor(s).
A360, funded to operate from 2016-2020, is currently transitioning from the design phase of the project to the implementation phase. The Deputy Director will be expected to catch-up quickly on the project’s design history and support the project team’s transition to a structured yet adaptive implementation phase.
The Deputy Director will
- Provide technical and operational leadership to increase voluntary uptake of modern contraception among girls 15-19 using girl-centered, evidence-based approaches in Ethiopia, Tanzania, and Nigeria;
- Establish and reinforce appropriate clinical, programmatic, and data quality standards across the A360 operating environments;
- Ensure the integration of rigorous project monitoring and adaptive learning approaches within project operations;
- Co-lead internal and external program planning and reporting including annual work planning with sub-award partners;
- Lead the continuous refinement of country-level business plans for A360 programs, including costing analysis and pathways to achievement of programmatic goals;
- Support the design of “global goods” including operational guides and technical publications documenting A360 learning;
- Identify and cultivate national and global strategic partnerships to expand the reach of A360 brands and increase local demand for A360 services;
- Ensure country-level project deliverables are achieved on time and to the highest standard;
- Serve as a secondary point of contact/representative of the project to BMGF and CIFF;
- Assume the responsibilities of the A360 Project Director in case of her absence.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them;
- Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect;
- Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve;
- Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed;
- Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt;
- Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
Our ideal candidate will possess
- At least 9 years of experience managing people, budgets and public health programs;
- Higher education including an MBA, MPH, or other relevant Master’s degree;
- Experience delivering complex interventions at scale in developing country contexts;
- An exceptional focus on results, with a high degree of personal initiative;
- A balance of creative and innovative thinking coupled with strategic, analytic and practical skills;
- An ability to present information persuasively to a wide variety of audiences;
- Excellent project management and group facilitation skills;
- An entrepreneurial attitude combined with grounded, evidence-based decision making;
- Strong preference for someone with knowledge of PSI policies and procedures;
- Fluency in English;
- References will be required;
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship and relocation expenses will not be covered for this position;
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
What would get us excited
- Demonstrated experience managing geographically dispersed teams;
- Significant commercial marketing experience including brand management, social/digital media, consumer insight and/or marketing analytics;
- Experience mainstreaming gender and/or youth health programming into RH/FP service delivery;
- Knowledge and experience applying cost-effectiveness methodologies and metrics;
- Deep technical expertise in family planning, safe abortion, youth programming, advocacy, health financing and/or health systems strengthening.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org