The International Development Strategist is an exceptional nonprofit professional with demonstrated leadership, communication and organizational skills. The International Development Strategist has leadership experience and a proven track record of achieving fundraising goals.
The International Development Strategist works closely with the President and leadership team in planning for and providing direction to relationship building and fundraising activities in a global setting. The International Development Strategist serves as the primary liaison for multi-faceted partnership building and fundraising to build the physical infrastructure and expand program initiatives of the Kenya Women and Children’s Wellness Center (KWCWC), JRJFI’s inaugural project in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Works in close collaboration with the President and Board of Directors to develop a comprehensive resource development and communications strategy to achieve organizational outreach, impact and fundraising goals for its global initiatives
- Ensures implementation of all fund development activities to secure funding and achieve revenue goals - including responsibility for the development of an annual work plan, management of the resource development calendar and partner/donor/volunteer database, research and assessment of funding opportunities, production of proposals, reports, organizational presentation and communication materials
- Prioritizes relationship building with potential donors, partners and volunteers organizes and engages in networking events, while ensuring excellent stewardship with current/past donors, partners and volunteers
- Works with the President to identify and engage mission-aligned and socially responsible partners, and co-leads face to face meetings as directed by President
- Coordinates with Kenya Women and Children’s Wellness Center (KWCWC) Program Team to develop grant proposals, advance fundraising and outreach opportunities for the annual d other special events, and examine ways to package program outcomes for donor solicitation and partner cultivation
- Coordinates Board activities in the areas of resource development and communications; attends, prepares and follows through on all Board/committee meetings and resolutions
- Leads the preparation of annual reports, newsletters, and other IEC materials and dissemination through various media, including the company website, to effectively communicate organizational mission, program outcomes and impact
- Leads the implementation of best practices and innovation in fundraising and philanthropy, donor relations, stewardship and cultivation, and compliance with grant regulations and government contracts
- Creates and updates organizational profile in Dun and Bradstreet, System of Award Management (SAM), GuideStar, Charity Navigator and similar sites
- Out of town travel required
Writing Samples, presentations, evidence of grants awarded ( for international projects)