Under the direct supervision and guidance of the EU Legal Compliance Officer and the overall guidance of the EU Compliance Officer (Finance, Contracts and Audit) at IOM Brussels, the incumbent will support the contractual and legal activities of the team.
- Assist in reviewing draft contracts with various EU institutions and ensuring compliance with the applicable Framework Agreements and IOM internal legal requirements;
- Assist in finalizing general negotiations with EC on contractual conditions under the new EU Financial Regulations;
- Assist in drafting and updating training modules on EU contracting in IOM official languages (English, French, Spanish);
- Monitor EU websites for legal updates and new instructions;
- Assist in drafting internal guidelines and interpretations of various EU rules and regulations;
- Provide administrative assistance to the Head of EU Global Financial Liaison Unit, and any other tasks as may be required;
- Participate in meetings as required;
- Any other duties as required.
- Master’s degree in Law from an accredited academic institution.
- First professional experience or internship within the Legal Departments of the European Institutions is an advantage;
- Knowledge about EU institutions, EU decision-making and EU legal matters is required;
- Good level of computer literacy.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required. Knowledge of French or Spanish is an advantage.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org