Support our Global Engagement Channel Team to create and maintain a strong online presence for our organisation. The role requires creative ideas to implement and analyse our online marketing strategies through social media accounts, ensuring we keep existing target audiences engaged while getting the attention for new interests. Working together with other marketing, fundraising and content teams. Using technology to communicate through online channels in order to help increase web traffic and engagement metrics aligned with broader marketing strategies.
Medair Global Support Office (GSO) provides operational guidance for country programmes, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes, and to recruit international and GSO staff.
Workplace & Working Conditions
Medair Global Support Office (GSO), Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
March 2020. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
Social Media Management
- Lead social media management, develop and execute social media campaigns and initiatives.
- Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and customer engagement metrics.
- Oversee social media accounts’ layout.
- Ensure timely responses to queries and comments.
- Analyse social media engagement/performances and regularly report on it in a helpful/actionable way (reports, initiative updates...).
Target Audience Engagement Growth
- Understand business needs, growth plans, etc. and act/prioritize accordingly.
- Identify growth opportunities using social media audience preferences, technologies and platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness.
- Analyse content, structure and user behavior. Using these analytics to optimize the user experience and drive conversion.
- Build knowledge base requirements to collaborate with all internal departments to integrate social media into business strategies.
- Suggest new ways to increase visibility, attract prospective customers, like promotions and competitions.
Publishing & Promotion of Content
- Publish all digital content and optimise it for search engines.
- Create specific landing pages for campaigns, stories or corporate information.
- Promote through multiple advertising means as well as finding alternative solutions to promote our work digitally.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Undergraduate degree in Communication, Marketing or Digital Marketing or equivalent job experience.
- Strong working knowledge of English and French (spoken and written).
- Working knowledge of German (spoken and written) is an asset.
Experience / Competencies
- At least 3 years proven work experience as a social media manager or similar role.
- Proven history of developing social marketing campaigns from start to finish, plus data analysis and reporting.
- Hands-on experience with social media management planning and leading strategies/ initiatives.
- Experience in identifying, tracking, interpreting and optimizing relevant online content, traffic and KPIs. Experience of driving audience engagement and lead generation.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media platforms and analytics. Good knowledge of social media management, marketing and tracking tools (Google Analytics, Hootsuite etc.)
- Working knowledge of paid social media advertising, online marketing strategies and channels.
- Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively.
- Familiarity with doing audience and buyer persona research.
- Excellent multitasking, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail, critical-thinker and problem-solver.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org