DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of ex-perts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and trans-form lives around the world.
Under the direct supervision of the IT Manager, the IT Support Specialist will provide quality customer service for end users primarily in the DT Global US home office. Additional remote support to internationally deployed staff and local IT resources may also be required. The IT support specialists is the primary interface for the Help Desk.
- Provides first contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems. Includes both customer telephone support as well as electronically submitted requests.
- Administers (creates, removes, modifies) user, computer, and email accounts
- Provide LAN research, development, operations and maintenance.
- Using standardized procedures, prepare IT equipment for issue, to include configuration and installation of operating system/software image.
- Provide training to new and existing users and provide guidance on how to effectively utilize all DT-Global systems
- Utilize remote management tools to assist users and resolve issues.
- Demonstrate good social skills in a professional environment.
- Responsible for inventory and tracking of hardware and software assets.
- Collaborate with technical teams and shares information across the organization.
- Performs administrative duties and provides technical advice related to the operation and maintenance of systems, hardware, and software.
- Responsible for procurement, vendor performance management, and tracking and reconciling costs/spending in line with DT Global accounting policies for IT-related service contracts (internet, cell phone, etc.) and manages IT vendor procurements.
- 3+ years of IT support experience in a Microsoft Windows Server Office 365 environment required;
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred,
- Possession of CompTIA A+, Network+, or Microsoft certification preferred;
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer and network troubleshooting and support;
- Must be able to demonstrate a basic understanding of Local Area Networking (LAN) and TCP/IP concepts, specifically within a Microsoft Networking infrastructure;
- Experience in both PC and Mac operating systems preferred;
- Understand basic Information Technology security concepts. (Antivirus, Spam blockers, etc.);
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent verbal communication skills and patience with users; and
- Must be able to follow directions and work within a team environment.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting up to 30 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts.
- Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- Customer/Client Focused: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- Professionalism: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org