Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Senior Advisor, Programmes and Partnerships (Asia Region, Office of the Regional Director), and in close coordination with the Regional Office and the Partnerships Liaison Group, the Partnerships Development Officer will support the development and implementation of the partnership and programme development plan for the Beijing Liaison Office.
Functions / Key Results Expected
- Partnership and programme development planning
- Development and follow up of partnership opportunities
- Representation, inter-agency collaboration and partnership development
- Knowledge management and innovation
1. Partnership and programme development planning
- Support the Regional Director AR and PLG with the development of a partnership and programme development plan in line with UNOPS Strategic Plan and the AR Regional Business Plan and Strategy. This includes contributing information and analysis related to the country context, support the analysis of the regional and national development and humanitarian landscape, support the identification of main partners, support strategic positioning of UNOPS in the potential operational niches identified, as well as help with efforts that lead to grow a pipeline opportunities in scope of the office strategy.
- Contribute to the identification and examination of risks and opportunities presented by the strategic positioning of the Beijing Liaison Office and assist in drafting appropriate responses to ensure sustainable growth in line with corporate priorities, i.e. gender mainstreaming and sustainability in line with the 2030 Agenda.
- Share experiences and knowledge with relevant Partnerships personnel across the entire organisation to ensure aligned and coherent interactions with partners.
2. Develop opportunities
- Support senior management efforts relating to the analysis, mapping and identification of potential opportunities with partners such as the UN, governments, foundations, NGOs, academia, think tanks and private sector.
- Supports more senior colleagues in partnerships meetings with potential partners and ensures systematic and timely follow up
- Follow up on events, publications and announcements raised by senior management, and suggest opportunities for possible UNOPS interventions and identify trends that will drive partnership opportunities.
- Contribute to the identification, design, formulation and negotiation of new projects and programs and support the drafting of concept notes and project document briefs for discussion with partners.
- Support the creation and maintenance of oneUNOPS opportunities and engagement functionalities in alignment with UNOPS corporate guidelines.
- Contribute to the coordination of technical and financial requirements, and support the negotiation of proposals to close new project opportunities.
- Contribute to the drafting of agreements and/or contractual documents required for the signature and implementation of new projects.
- Understand and assist in clearly explaining UNOPS corporate priorities (gender and diversity mainstreaming, sustainability) and the UNOPS pricing policy to partners.
- Contribute to the collection of intelligence and analysis on the strategic partners to support meetings, projects, and negotiations.
- Assist in efforts the ongoing research, development and implementation of best practices and innovative approaches to maximise performance and sustain achievements in project and partnership development.
3. Representation and inter-agency partnership
- Support the building of a network of key partners, keeping abreast of evolving trends (social, economic, and political), including the application of innovation to project and partnership development.
4. Knowledge management and innovation
- Contribute to the implementation of standards, tools and templates provided by HQ to effectively manage partnership and project development within the team to enhance/maintain UNOPS effectiveness as a provider of project services for sustainable results.
- Support the dissemination and sharing of best practices and lessons learned for planning and knowledge building within the organisation and in particular project and partnership development.
- Assist in providing regular feedback on existing systems, tools and resources to ensure its relevance to day-to-day operations.
Impact of Results
The effective and successful achievement of results by the Partnerships Development Officer impacts on the performance of the Beijing Liaison Office and the Partnerships Liaison Group by maintaining a robust and diverse pipeline of project opportunities, which leads to sustainable growth of the UNOPS’ presence and strengthens the achievements of UNOPS management results and the fulfillment of its mandate.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Business Administration, Public Administration, International Development, Engineering, Political Science, Communications or International Relations is required.
- Master's degree in the above mentioned field is preferred.
- At least two (2) years of experience in international development including demonstrated experience in at least one of these areas of work: Developing and executing partnership and programme development plans; Project development and proposal writing; Acquisition of projects in combination with Bachelor's degree is required.
- Prior work experience with UN agency(ies) is required.
- Project and programme management experience is an asset
- Experience in establishing partnerships with UN agencies, international development organisations, governments, foundations, international NGOs or private sector organisations is an asset.
- Prior experience working in international organisations, international development, post-disaster and/or emergency contexts would also be an advantage.
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese and English is required.
- Fluency in one or more additional official UNOPS languages is an advantage.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org