The role is about bringing activism and colour to the institutional corridors of Brussels. In other words, it is about leveraging WeMove Europe’s potential to play a broker role, supporting movements in running disruptive campaigning actions in Brussels with a view to raising awareness and shifting thinking at the EU institutions. The role is also about opening doors and building long-term crucial relationships with key actors including campaign targets, politicians, officials, movements, NGOs and the media. Thirdly, it is about increasing the visibility of WeMove Europe in Brussels.
Where does the role sit?
This role sits inside the WeMove Europe campaigns team but supports in particular the work of the Executive Director in Brussels.
What would it entail?
- Organisation of disruptive campaigns actions in Brussels;
- Building a network of Brussels based movements and activists to organise with;
- Building relationships with wider political targets, officials, partners, media;
- Organising events, meetings, capturing outcomes, ensuring follow up;
- Getting visibility for ED and WeMove Europe on EU/Brussels social media;
- Content preparation from engaging tweets to blogs to background briefings;
- General support to the Executive Director on comms and campaigns work.
These priorities will shift over time and every week is likely to be different.
We are looking for someone who...
- Deeply cares about people power and change in Europe;
- Has upwards of 3 years of experience either with NGOs, movements or institutions at the European level;
- Has a good understanding of the workings of the EU institutions;
- Has a basic understanding of campaigning, organising and mobilising;
- Is a creative ideas person who loves designing actions;
- Is a charismatic networker who is skilled at connecting with people and can easily build lasting relationships;
- Has good organisational skills;
- Is Dutch or French speaking (mother tongue) with an excellent level of English;
- Is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace culture;
- Experience of working with an international organisation, ideally remotely.
Bonus skills and knowledge:
We know that no one can possibly have all these skills and experiences - you will likely be able to bring 2 or 3 of the following to our team:
- Good drafting skills;
- Strategy and tactics geek;
- Experience in organising volunteers/activists;
- Has a good network in Brussels;
- Has excellent social media skills;
- Speaks other languages;
- Audiovisual content production;
- Events organisation.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org