As Policy Assistant you will assist in the execution of AmCham Belgium’s public policy strategy, as well as with wider services to the member community.
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team starting in early October 2021 for a period of six months. This is a paid full-time internship.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Assist with policy activities including the implementation of our 2019-2024 Policy Plan;
- Contribute to our research and publications, ensuring that these become a showcase for AmCham Belgium’s work and all member companies;
- Assist in updating the main website and other media channels (blog, member newsletter) in order for them to effectively communicate AmCham’s policy work and the work of the policy committees, as well as being a source of accurate information which encourages engagement for our member companies;
- Assist in the implementation of specific policy-related projects by helping organize events and liaising with various stakeholders;
- Contribute to the work of our policy committees by arranging meetings and other events.
YOUR EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- You are familiar with the Belgian political scene (mandatory) and follow Belgian political and economic news on a daily basis;
- A first degree in political sciences, public policy, governmental affairs, law or a related field. A focus on Belgian law or politics would be an asset;
- Working experience in law, public policy or government affairs would be an advantage;
- You are fluent in English (minimum C1 level) and have a good command of either Dutch and/or French;
- Having experience in drafting reports or other publications is an asset;
- You are a ‘people’ person, able to interact naturally with individuals from different backgrounds and points of view, experience and seniority levels, etc. You are able to build relationships of trust with members, political contacts and other stakeholders;
- You are tech-savvy and familiar with Microsoft Office applications and able to learn and adapt to new systems and processes quickly;
- You have good organizational skills, are able to work independently and take responsibility, as well as to work from home on a regular basis;
- Like our mascot the bald eagle, you pay great attention to detail and accuracy.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org