The Global Warming Mitigation Project is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that is identifying, activating, and accelerating projects and programs worldwide that are reducing greenhouse gas emissions and increasing carbon uptake. This includes direct funding of vetted organizations, enhancing networking and promotional efforts, identifying ways to unleash funding opportunities for climate solutions, and supporting climate justice.
Currently, our programs include the Keeling Curve Prize and the Sphere. The Keeling Curve Prize awards $250,000 annually to projects that display proven carbon uptake, drawdown, or sequestration efforts. The Sphere is a networking portal for climate projects, funders, and individuals.
The Global Warming Mitigation Project (GWMP) is seeking an Operations Manager who will provide broad administrative support to the Executive Director and staff, along with some coordination needed for the organization’s Board of Directors, Advisory Council, the Navigation Council, judges, and analysts. Duties include but are not limited to managing the annual Keeling Curve Prize timeline and communications, managing the GWMP Data Management tools, managing organizational events (both in-person and virtual), providing a vast array of logistics support, maintaining current contact information and engagement with the organization including necessary forms, contacts, agreements, and any other administrative support necessary.
- Manage the Global Warming Mitigation Project’s data management tools such as Kindful, Stripe, and DonorBox as well as oversee donor communications such as thank you letters and tax receipts.
- Manage the timeline and general communications for the annual Keeling Curve Prize.
- Manage staff paperwork and ensure staff payroll is administered.
- Perform administrative duties such as organizing events, scheduling meetings, managing the various GWMP Boards and take minutes, collecting and processing mail, answering phone and emails, etc.
- Create and maintain filing systems. Assist in implementation and maintenance for a system of organization for the GWMP Google Drive.
- Act as point of contact for various GWMP events. This includes event planning, coordination, communication, implementation, and post-event follow up. Ensure vendors are paid in a timely manner.
- Edit documents and maintain records, spreadsheets and databases.
- Attend in-service training, staff meetings, educational conferences, and workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Provide support to the marketing and development teams, as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
GWMP is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all, and strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with disabilities, immigrants, and members of the LGBTQ community to apply for this role.
- Accounting experience, including working with organizational budgets, financials, and internal systems, preferably within the non-profit sector.
- Experience with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Kindful or other CRM platforms, Stripe, etc.
- Minimum of Associate's degree in related field.
- Experience in event planning and project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff and outside agencies.
- Demonstrated commitment to our mission and passion for the environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly flexible and rapidly changing work environment.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Positive and collaborative attitude with a willingness to contribute across multiple projects.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Saige Middleton at [email protected], with subject line “Operations Manager.” Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis beginning Monday, August 30th. Start date is flexible. Ideal candidates would be available to start before October 1st.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org