HOW YOU'LL HELP US KEEP CLIMBING (OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Maintains up-to-date and deep understanding of worldwide threat dynamics and trends, including those related to terrorism, violent crime, narcotics smuggling, and civil unrest, and networks of contacts to support maintaining this up-to-date expertise.
- Collects, assess, and leads dissemination of intelligence analysis products for Delta stakeholders including communications to crews, security assessments for new station openings, and intelligence support for special events.
- Uses understanding of worldwide security environment to prioritize, filter, and assess credibility of open-source intelligence reports and sources.
- Manages collection of intelligence data and day-to-day execution of security risk assessment programs.
- Supports the team by developing reports and other products to manage and assess performance of security programs.
- Serves as a subject-matter expert (SME) and presents results of analysis and other products to upper Management through written reports, briefings, presentations, and ad-hoc requests for information.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Supports liaison and engagement efforts with government partners, industry counterparts, and private intelligence vendors.
- Supports regulatory requirements associated with military charters.
- Works on ad-hoc projects as assigned by manager and proactively drives key initiatives to reduce security risk in time-sensitive situations, including those with minimal direction/oversight from leadership.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- MA/MS in History, Economics, International Relations, Government, Political Science, Security Studies, or related field is required.
- Familiarity with US government security policy and organizational structure/relationship among Federal agencies and relevant State/local law enforcement organizations.
- Understanding of trends in worldwide security environment, particularly regarding terrorism/counterterrorism and the aviation industry.
- Must have strong analytical skills as well as a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with social media analysis and data collection tools a plus. Ability to manage several responsibilities at once with little supervision, including making challenging judgment calls in the absence of senior leaders.
- Ability to independently develop both internal and external networks and leverage existing networks.
- Must seek challenging, analytical work and must possess the ability to communicate detailed analytical data through oral and written means to all levels of management.
- Domestic and international travel required.
- US citizenship required.
- Current US Government Security Clearance highly desired, and ability to obtain Security Clearance required.
- Should work well in a team environment and possess a high degree of initiative and drive.
- Must be performing satisfactorily in present position
- Practice safety-conscious behaviors in all processes and procedures
- Embraces diverse people, thinking, and styles.
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org