As Head of Project - Livelihoods, you will implement and manage a project aimed at providing rapid response in the areas of emergency food assistance, access to basic WASH services, and other essential needs in accordance with Welthungerhilfe standards and AA donor guidelines. The main objective of this intervention is to provide both rapid assistance to Internally Displaced Persons (IDP's) who have lost their goods and livelihoods due to crisis and also to support host communities whose livelihoods and living conditions are in turn often affected by the sudden influx of IDP's.
- Carry out the project(s) according to the rules and standards of the donor and Welthungerhilfe;
- Coordinate the various project components during the programme implementation;
- Ensure that all project relevant support is in place (Monitoring, logistics, Finance administration, etc.);
- Responsible for modifying and continuing project planning and project budget;
- Coordinate MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Learning) activities and organise the systematic collection, processing and analysis of data/information according to project documentation and agreed results;
- Report to the Country Director and Head of Programmes on the progress of the project(s) and all risks associated with the project work;
- Manage staff according to Welthungerhilfe principles, staff policies and strategy;
- Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of Welthungerhilfe's secuirity management system in the project area;
- Lead and participate in the development of new project ideas and proposals and in the management of potential new projects in Ituri province;
- Represent Welthungerhilfe in the project region vis-à-vis other relevant regional and local authorities and expand the network with relevant stakeholders.
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field like governance or development studies, agriculture, environment, nutrition or similar qualification;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in managing complex multi-sectoral and emergency projects, preferably in the region;
- Strong coordination skills with all stakeholders such as implementing partners, government structures, ministries, etc.;
- Ability to cooperate and work as part of a multinational team;
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to live in a remote location and travel to areas with volatile security conditions;
- Excellent spoken and written French and English; German language skills will be an asset.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org