The Rural Agriculture Development Specialist will be responsible to provide technical expertise in rural development based on field experience and relevant technical background in rural development and agriculture in Guatemala.
- Coordinate and follow-up interventions and activities related to rural development in Alta Verapaz and Baja Verapaz.
- Lead the area of rural development of the program’s annual activity plan and budget and ensure their timely performance (ensure timely and proper achievement of results).
- Ensure regular follow-up of interventions and submit timely feedback to CoP and FH Country Director.
- Facilitate the integration of programmatic interventions regarding all Program Components in order to achieve an impact in rural development.
- Ensure appropriate coordination of activities between the four Components of the Program.
- Ensure strong coordination/collaboration among consortium members through regular coordination meetings/program reviews, joint field visits and action planning.
- Routinely travel to the field programs to provide capacity support for extended periods of times as needed.
- Coordinate regular programmatic reviews.
- Ensure quality reporting submissions and donor requisites compliance.
- Serve as Rural Development focus point considering, program partners, key local stakeholders, INGOs, and FH Country Office and headquarters, and maintain responsibility for appropriate communication and consultation.
- Facilitate networking, negotiation, and other external actions for advancement of the program.
- Organize learning and sharing opportunities between project and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Implement a results-based approach and organization.
- Keep abreast of rural development, environmental, economic, and social, contexts in the field, and report on such conditions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications
- Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ and Christian commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH’s Christian beliefs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with latest USAID rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, collaboration experience, creativity, and willingness to innovate.
- Demonstrated technical expertise, ample field of experience and relevant technical background in rural development and agriculture, especially in Guatemala.
- Demonstrate the ability to rapidly develop and consolidate excellent and independent relationships with the private sector and other technical partners.
- Strong networking and representation skills.
- Commitment to work with the poor as demonstrated by past positions.
- Medical fitness to live and travel in rural and urban areas with extreme conditions and limited medical support.
- Willingness to travel within Guatemala to project sites as needed.
- At least 5 years of experience in the agriculture/rural development sector or related field.
- Excellent technical and working knowledge in various sectors outlined above.
- A university degree in Agriculture, Rural Development, or related field is required.
- Knowledge of USAID award policies is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Spanish. Must speak Q'eqchi' or any other Maya languages from the Verapaces and demonstrate knowledge about Indigenous People's context from the Verapaces. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and from all stakeholders.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on Globaljobs.org