Assist the policy team with research and general administrative support, focusing on transport and mobility issues.
Under the supervision of the Policy Director, the Policy Intern will:
- Research and write web content on a broad range of issues;
- Contribute to FIA Region I’s weekly newsletter;
- Follow hearings, legislative activities, and scientific and policy briefings, and share observations with staff, verbally or in writing;
- Assist staff in monitoring policy and legislative reports;
- Assist with outreach, logistical preparation, and execution of FIA Region I’s internal meetings and policy events;
- Identify, monitor, and report on relevant policy issues;
- Help update and maintain the internal website and policy monitoring tools;
- Help with policy-related administrative tasks as necessary.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in progress, in a field directly related to transport/mobility policy or public/European policy (other fields may be considered for candidates with demonstrated skills, experience, and interest in these fields);
- Interest in transport and mobility issues, with enthusiasm for the communication of pertinent information to FIA Region I’s members, policymakers, and other interested parties;
- Strong research skills, and clear and concise English writing skills are required for newsletters, briefing write-ups, and facts sheets;
- Self-starter, flexible, and able to manage multiple tasks;
- Open to feedback, with strong desire to develop professional skills;
- Effective interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team or independently as needed;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org