EU Focus, a modern consultancy firm specialised in EU affairs, is looking for a public affairs consultant with a strong entrepreneurial mindset to join our growing team in Brussels.
EU Focus offers integrated client approach, aspiring to providing a unique value proposition which includes political strategy, regulatory expertise as well as legal and compliance advice.
We help companies advance their businesses in EU environment by building bridges with decision-makers in Europe. A modern and dynamic consultancy, we thrive to developing advocacy strategies and keen on finding customised solutions to our clients' needs.
- Steering legislative dossiers in the European Parliament
- Providing political and regulatory advice to a pool of clients on a range of EU policies
- Developing and executing public affairs strategies
- Drafting position papers, preparing impactful power point presentations, staying in regular contact with EU influencers, gathering intelligence, participating in conference calls with clients, monitoring EU legislation
- Growing and nurturing contacts within EU institutions and other stakeholders
- Seeking new business opportunities and helping them grow into new clients
- Occasional travel
- Advanced degree (MA) in political science, international relations, economy, or law
- 2+ years of experience working in/with EU institutions – with particular focus on European Parliament
- Perfect understanding of the European Parliament procedures, negotiations tactics, amendments rules etc.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Proven skills in analysing large volumes of information and translating it in concise and impactful position papers
- A good understanding of EU policy and decision-making process is a must
- Strong network of contacts among policymakers, influencers, broader public including media
- Robust project management skills
- Excellent English and at least another EU language, knowledge of German and French is a plus
- You are a proactive individual, a quick learner and a team player willing to work in a fast-paced business environment and grow in a dynamic company
- Competitive remuneration
- Supportive team with entrepreneurial spirit
- Flexible working policy
- Opportunities for quick professional growth, continuous learning and mentorship from public affairs professionals with 20+ years of experience
To apply, please send your, short 1-page CV and a short motivation letter with ‘Application – Account Executive’ as the subject line to [email protected] by 10 September 2020 the latest. Early applications are encouraged.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org