International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through healthcare training and relief and development programs.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in areas worldwide. By offering training and healthcare to local populations and medical assistance to people at high risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated healthcare systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
The Assistant, Direct Marketing Operations supports the execution and implementation of the approved fundraising and marketing strategy across all digital and direct response platforms, including online, email, mobile, paid media, mail, social media and other channels as needed. This position reports to the Manager, Direct Marketing and is a key member of the team that raises funds and expands International Medical Corps brand through direct marketing activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Fundraising Operations Support
• Assist as needed with direct mail and online program operations, such as proofing, testing donation pages, fulfillment, and reporting
• Collaborate with the RD Operations team to optimize marketing data structure and workflows to build detailed KPI reporting across marketing channels
• Work with RD Operations team to adhere to solicitation requirements and maintain documentation of solicitation rules across online and offline marketing channels
• Manage administration and marketing of annual CFC/United Way campaigns
• Manage donor inquiries and other questions as needed
Email Marketing Program
• Assist in creation of and deploy solicitation and cultivation emails as scheduled in the marketing calendar
• In coordination with marketing consultants and the Manager of Direct Marketing, design targeted email audience segmentations to optimize for email engagement and conversion rates
• Identify, segment, and build email marketing automation journeys designed to reactivate/upgrade previous and current donors and move non-donors to donate
• Perform ongoing research into current email marketing trends and identify possible improvements to the current program
Marketing Tool Maintenance and Procurement
• Document and track the use of various online marketing tools to ensure that they are being fully utilized
• As needed, execute the assessment of new tools to facilitate strategic marketing goals
• Facilitate the procurement of all marketing items including but not limited to, Social Media platforms, marketing consultants, and CFC consultants
• Ensure the timely payment of procured marketing items and contract invoices, escalating issues as needed to Manager of Direct Marketing
• Maintain a running tracker of actual expenses received
Knowledge and Process Management
• Work collaboratively to maintain a cohesive communications/solicitations calendar across the annual fund, major donor, and communications teams
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive.
Code of Conduct
As applicable to this position, an individual must promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the organization and maintain a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Staff are also responsible for preventing violations to our Code of Conduct and Ethics, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any violations to the Code of Conduct and Ethics or Safeguarding Policy, you have an obligation to report.
If this is a supervisory position, one must set an example of ethical behavior through one’s own conduct and oversight of the work of others; ensure that those who report to you have sufficient knowledge and resources to follow the standards outlined in the Code of Conduct & Ethics; monitor compliance of the people you supervise; enforce the Code of Conduct & Ethics and International Medical Corps’ policies, including the Safeguarding Policy and the Protection from Harassment, Bullying and Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, consistently and fairly; support employees who in good faith raise questions or concerns.
• Typically, a Bachelor’s degree in related area such as marketing or communications. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
• Typically, up to 2 years of experience with digital and/or direct response marketing programs.
• Previous experience with email marketing and social media platforms preferred.
• Familiarity and past experience with non-profit donor landscape preferred.
• Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, with ability to coordinate multiple projects with competing priorities.
• Demonstrated strategic thinking, creativity, acute problem solving and analytical skills.
• Self-motivated and goal/deadline oriented.
• Systems and process oriented.
• Experience working in a team environment.
• Ability to handle stress and work under pressure at times.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org