The GESI Director will lead all efforts to identify and overcome GESI barriers in WASH and WRM program activities and will lead GESI assessments and oversee the development and implementation of GESI activities. The GeSI director will be supported by a GESI consulting firm.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the design and implementation of the project’s Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) strategy and activities;
- Provide cross-cutting leadership across all four objective areas in identifying GESI issues within programs and developing strategies for strengthening the integration of GESI across all activities;
- Build staff capacity on the application of a GESI lens across the program cycle;
- Participate in and contribute to GESI capacity building for municipalities, mancomiunidades, rural water committees and technical and policy working group on issues related to gender equality, gender empowerment, social inclusion, and inclusive development for the WASH/WRM sector;
- Develop innovative approaches to advancing gender equality, promote greater inclusivity of Indigenous peoples, youth and persons with disabilities;
- Lead and/or support gender analysis processes, including study design, staff training, data collection and data analysis;
- Provide ongoing technical support for the development, implementation, and evaluation of project activities with GESI-focused outcomes.
- Extensive professional experience in gender equality and social inclusion, preferably in a USAID context, with Indigenous peoples of the Western Highlands and rural communities;
- Experience in WASH, public health, and/or similar field highly preferred;
- Experience designing and implementing youth and GESI-related trainings and workshops related to WASH and public health;
- Excellent verbal communication skills;
- Sound relationship and people management skills;
- Sound problem solving and decision-making skills.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org