Seas At Risk (SAR) is an umbrella organisation of environmental NGOs from across Europe that promotes ambitious policies for marine protection at European and international level. We represent over 30 member organisations in 16 different European countries. The SAR Secretariat comprises 20 staff members. We are a diverse team but share a passion for the ocean. We are currently working for a healthy ocean, and we focus on different policy areas such as biodiversity, fisheries, marine protected areas, plastic pollution, deep sea mining, clean shipping, climate change and renewable energy at sea.
More information at: www.seas-at-risk.org.
Purpose of the job
SAR is seeking a communications intern to support the work of the communication team, constituted by a Communication Director and a communication officer. This internship is expected to last 6 months, with possibility of extension. The successful candidate would ideally start working in August.
- Assisting with posting on SAR’s social media channels (Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Linked-in). Live tweeting during events and conferences. Helping with developing social media toolkits. Searching for new photos. Creation of visuals;
- Keeping SAR’s website updated. Assisting with the compilation and dissemination of the newsletter;
- Coordinating communication activities with SAR’s members and other NGOs. Coordinating the development of communication products with external contractors;
- Drafting articles and social media posts;
- Assisting with the organisation of events and internal communication;
- Monitoring press articles and compiling the press review, searching for new journalists and keeping the press contact list updated.
Qualification, experience, knowledge
- A university degree in communications, journalism or other relevant fields;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills in English. Any additional EU language is a plus;
- IT skills. Previous experience with social media, WordPress and basic design skills are considered an asset;
- Previous intern or volunteering experience in a relevant sphere, and good insight of the functioning of the EU institutions are considered as assets;
- A passion for the ocean.
- Excellent communicator;
- Team player and able to work independently as well;
- Output oriented;
- Commitment to quality;
- Strong organisational ability and time management skills;
What we offer
Seas At Risk offers:
- An opportunity to acquire practical experience in a professional and international working environment, with supervision by experienced Seas at Risk staff members;
- An exciting experience with working in an environmental NGO in Brussels;
- The opportunity to learn about marine topics in a European Union policy setting and gain a more in-depth knowledge of how EU institutions work;
- A fixed monthly compensation of 1200 euros and a monthly contribution to expenses for working from home and public transport of 180 euros.
Send a letter explaining your motivation and how you meet the internship requirements, together with your CV to [email protected], with ‘Communication intern’ in the subject line followed by your name and surname. Please also include 1 or two samples of written texts you have recently written in English such as an article, a blog post, a FaceBook post or a university essay.
Deadline for applications: 30 May 2022.
Interviews will take place virtually in June. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org