Eurojust is launching a selection procedure to establish a reserve list for the profile of National Desk Assistant for the National Desk for Bulgaria or Lithuania. The College of Eurojust, responsible for the organisation and operation of Eurojust, is composed of 26 National Members, one from each of the European Union’s Member States. National Members may be supported by Deputies and Assistants, who comprise the National Desk. Each National Desk is assisted by one or more National Desk Assistants. The National Desk Assistant is responsible for all administrative support activities at the National Desk. The tasks performed by the incumbent consist of administrative support for Eurojust’s operational work with regards to coordination and communications with national authorities. This also includes providing support for the Member States’ administrative judicial work in cross-border criminal judicial cooperation. The support is provided mainly in English and the language of the National Desk. The reserve list may be used to fill various suitable vacancies arising at National Desks and similar positions in other units at Eurojust.
• Provide support in the organisation of internal meetings and Eurojust Coordination Meetings initiated by the National Desk, including: o Drafting agendas, invitations, participant lists, memos and presentations, taking minutes, booking rooms and administrative follow-up; o Making travel and accommodation arrangements and processing reimbursement claims for external participants; o Receiving and escorting visitors;
• Provide general clerical and secretarial assistance to the members of the National Desk and support underlying administrative processes, including financial administration and mission travel arrangements, induction of new members of the National Desk and support to activities related to the Presidency of the Council of the European Union;
• Provide operational support on administrative issues and procedures affecting the daily management of National Desks’ casework including registering and administering cases in Eurojust’s Case Management System;
• Support external representation activities of the National Member, such as the organisation of national workshops in the Member State;
• Give administrative assistance to National Desk activities related to reporting obligations towards national authorities;
• Perform any other duties required by the job.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria on the closing date for application:
1. General requirements The applicant must:
• Be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden);
• Enjoy full rights as a citizen;
• Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the laws concerning military service;Produce the appropriate character references as to his/her suitability for the performance of his/her duties;
• Be physically fit to perform his/her duties; and
• Have a thorough knowledge (C1) of one of the languages of the European Union2 and a satisfactory knowledge (B2) of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties.
Minimum qualifications and professional experience A level of post- secondary education attested by a diploma OR A level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and, after having obtained the diploma at least 3 yearsof appropriate professional experience. Only qualifications that have been awarded in EU Member States or that are subject to the equivalence certificates issued by the authorities in the EU Member States will be taken into consideration. If your diploma was issued outside the EU, you must provide a certificate of equivalency from an EU Member State to [email protected] the closing date for applications. If you do not provide this certificate by the closing date, Eurojust will not be able to assess your eligibility.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org