The Population Council seeks a Staff Assistant to provide financial and administrative support and assistance with central coordination of activities for the Breakthrough Research a global USAID funded research project conducting a growing number of activities in several countries.
Provide financial and administrative support to US-based project staff:
1. Assist in reviewing partners financial reports and prepare payment requests.
2. Conduct General Journal, Subawards and Expense Report Entries/Reconciliations on Serenic ERP.
3. Prepare project monthly Expensify Reports.
4. Prepare procurement requisitions and payments to vendors; follow up on deliverables approvals, and process payment requests.
5. Facilitate hiring consultants, follow up on their deliverables and approvals, and process payment requests.
6. Assist in modification of subaward agreements and follow up on the deliverables.
7. Maintain and update project admin trackers; consultants, subawards, and Serenic ERP with subaward batch.
8. Prepare eTAs, assist with travel arrangements, send Fly America reminders. Work with Project Coordinator to maintain Admin folder of trip reports and travel related documents.
9. Coordinate meetings logistics and project events.
10. Maintain employee distribution lists.
11. Support the preparation of donor or Council requested reports and project-related documents.
12. Maintain auditable files and archive project-related documents in accordance with existing systems.
13. Work with Project Coordinator to prepare new employee onboarding documents and arrangements.
14. Manage and update BR Admin files especially for compliance of USAID/Council/BR requirements (e.g. Certifications, CVs, etc).
15. Work closely with BR staff to populate, update, train and use SmartSheet especially for the Finance and Admin worksheets and help run relevant reports.
16. Organize and file individual activity Quarterly Reports on ShareDrive and Smartsheet for use in the Quarterly Report submission.
17. Work with Project Coordinator to file under G&C all progress reports approved by Project Director.
18. Logistics for conference participation (ICFP, Women Deliver, SBCC Summit etc) – plan ahead for side events, reserve and procure event spaces, coordinate with technical staff about room arrangement/AV needs etc.
19. Work closely with Assoc Director, Finance and Admin on project administrative and financial tasks.
20. Other administrative and project support duties as requested.
1. Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a relevant field of accounting, finance, business, or administration.
2. Minimum of two years’ financial/administrative/executive support experience. Experience working with senior staff preferred.
3. Superior financial, administrative and organizational skills; initiative, attention to detail and follow-through, ability to prioritize, and ability to work independently and efficiently.
4. Advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
5. Strong communication skills, including excellence in English language, spoken and written, and in proofreading. Strong French language skills a plus.
6. Self-confidence, problem solving skills, and maturity to deal with the challenges of fast pace, multiple tasks, and team efforts.
7. Demonstrated interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
8. Familiarity with USAID policies and procedures a plus.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance available immediately upon hire; 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution equal to 12% of annual salary after one year of employment; generous annual and sick leave; and paid parental leave. We strive to provide an environment of professional growth and development.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org