IREX seeks qualified candidates for the position of Program Coordinator in the Education Practice, based in Washington, DC. The Education Practice works with individuals, institutions, and governments around the world to improve the quality of teaching and learning, inside and outside the classroom. We work with students, teachers, and administrators, from school through university and professional training.
The Program Coordinator will provide support to an assigned portfolio of projects in IREX’s Education Practice in the areas of administration, compliance, stakeholder communication, research, internal and external report preparation, and logistics management for travel and/or events.
At time of hire, a key component of the Program Coordinator’s portfolio will involve day-to-day administration of program activities supporting a USAID-funded project to expand and improve pre-service teacher education in Jordan. Therefore spoken and written skills in Arabic are preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative and logistical support to assigned Education Practice programs;
- Provide input to internal/external reports, presentations, program and workshop materials, and other products as identified;
- Provide logistic support for all program needs, such as event planning, organizing travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, etc.;
- Supports implementation of subawards, contracts, vendor and consultant agreements, and other contractual and procurement support;
- With guidance, manage program internal and external communication; tasks may include, the management of email inboxes and program contact information, researching or drafting written communications (e.g. summaries of project activities and results), and contributing to program communications (newsletters), publicity and outreach, and social media efforts;
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation activities including data management and analysis if assigned;
- Track a wide range of information and data, maintaining accuracy and completeness;
- At the direction of project leadership, independently and accurately, perform financial administration tasks (e.g. track and reconcile program expenditures, coordinate and track payment requests, and support fiscal activities to be in compliance with IREX policies and procedures and funder regulations);
- Build relationships and provide reliable, responsive backstopping support, as assigned, between IREX HQ staff, field office team, and other stakeholders;
- Assist with new business development related tasks as assigned;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, international education, international affairs, international development, or related field;
- 2+ years of relevant experience;
- Work experience may include internships and/or part-time job or combination of both. Skills may vary based on program, project, or practice needs);
- Experience with and interest in higher education, teacher education, youth, and/or professional training/development programming;
- Experience working with a cross-cultural team; experience providing remote support to counterparts in other countries on program activities is preferred;
- Knowledge of and experience with project design, grant management, proposal development, and budgeting, preferred—especially with U.S. Government-funded programs;
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask, prioritize, and remain flexible while adhering to strict deadlines in a fast-paced working environment;
- Proven communication and organizational skills with demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with consistent ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, and be flexible according to project needs;
- Ability to work in a team environment, including team members in multiple time zones across a variety of organizations;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to manage difficult situations with tact and diplomacy;
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral presentation skills;
- Excellent attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task;
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications (to include analysis using Excel), publishing and web analytics tools, social media;
- Knowledge and skills using teleconference platforms, preferred;
- International study, work, or living experience preferred, especially previous experience in the Middle East region;
- Arabic language skills, preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org