Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI, and demonstrating the core values in their day to day operations.
The Program Associate is the entry level position for program work at IRI, and provides administrative and programmatic support for current and developing programs in the region.
• Undergraduate degree in political science, international relations or related field.
• 0-1 year of experience in international development or related field.
• Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
• Excellent writing, research and communication skills.
• Fluency in Spanish preferred
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
• Tracks and follows-up on pending procurement requests, approvals and monitoring once approved
• Updates budget tracker; cross-reference with PSR on monthly basis and interacts with appropriate Project Accountant and other Accounting staff
• Drafts quarterly, semi-annual, final and other relevant reports for funders
• Handles travel for all portfolio programs, including ensuring the receipt and recording of approvals and maintaining the Travel Tracker up to date, and in compliance with funder requirements
• Compiles and facilitates submission of contract packages
• Serves as point of contact for RFP solicitations and compiles submitted materials for the RFP evaluation process
• Updates program databases, contract trackers, etc.
• Compiles briefing books for trainers
• Maintains project site and documents
• Provides logistical support for DC meetings and events for the Regional Division
• Supports IRI’s communication strategy including IRI’s branding and outreach plans on projects assigned, including drafts and updates program summaries and other outreach materials, drafts web stories, tweets, etc.
• Participates in cross functional teams and initiatives (optional)
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Bachelors or better in Political Science or related field.
Experience in international development or related field.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*