Founded in 1980, COLSA Corporation’s team of cyber engineers, analysts and professionals across the US provide government customers with the latest and most sophisticated engineering, programmatic, and information technology services.
Centered at the core of its values, COLSA knows its people are its most valuable resource. In addition to receiving a competitive compensation package, our employees enjoy offerings such as flexible work schedules, paid time off, benefits that begin on the date of hire, recognition programs, tuition and certification assistance, and immediate vesting in our matching 401(k) plan. Our WE CARE Wellness program provides support and initiatives to empower employees and their families to live healthy, balanced lives and our Association of COLSA Employees (ACE) provides a fun way for employees and their families to come together in times of both celebration and need. We invite you to connect your talents with opportunity, and be a part of our “Family of Professionals,” in supporting cutting-edge initiatives related to our country’s national defense!
We're currently seeking a qualified Operations Research Analyst in support of the United States Central Command (CENTCOM) Operations Directorate (CCJ3) with duty in the Resources and Analysis Directorate (CCJ8). The CCJ8 Analysis and Requirements division will host this Operations Research Analyst to effectively support, lead and manage technical aspects for a mixed contractor / government team. This position will generate and execute high visibility operations research, decision analysis, and analytic studies on a wide variety of ambiguous, complex, and compounding problems.
- Initiate, oversee, and/or develop requirements from a project’s inception to conclusion for extremely complex programs; develop project requirements, plans, and schedules to support analysis and requirements activities, enabling Govt. Clients to make appropriate decisions regarding establishment of programs and obligation of resources.
- Define problems, conduct research, develop proposals for experiment design; isolate representative factors describing the operation, perform data collection and reduction, display data for analysis, examine underlying relationships and select appropriate methods or techniques, formulate mathematical expressions, construct analytical and mathematical models for understanding effects of alternative courses of action, draw (often controversial) conclusions; develop operational insights; and prepare reports to describe and justify the results.
- Develop and support new analytic capabilities as requirements evolve within the command.
- Coordinate support for studies and interface regularly with CENTCOM staff and partners from Department of Defense (DOD), Joint, Interagency, Coalition, and NATO; and support studies conducted by those partners.
- Plan, develop, implement, and facilitate efforts to analyze non-kinetic, passive defensive measure in support of plans and ongoing operations in the CENTCOM Area of Responsibility (AOR), such as the Theater Campaign Plan (TCP), Operation Plans (OPLANS), Concept Plans (CONPLANS), Operation Orders (OPORDS), Fragmentary Orders (FRAGOS), commander’s estimates, and other plans or operations.
- Support Operational Planning Teams (OPTs), Crisis Action Teams (CATs), and other assigned Boards, Bureaus, Centers, Cells and Working Groups (B2C2WG) as required.
- Routinely communicate with, prepare correspondence and presentations for, and advise senior leaders.
- Some travel may be required.
- MS in Operations Research or Statistics or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in relevant Operations Research, Statistics Analyst (ORSA) positions.
- Must be knowledgeable of the history of denial and deception across time, disciplines, culture; and be capable of deep critical thought; must be able to attain a profound understanding of the enemy as well as friendly force thought and perceptions.
- Must have a DoD Top Secret (TS) clearance and be eligible for access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a current DoD Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI), with at least one year of eligibility remaining periodic re-investigation.
- PhD in Operations Research or Statistics
- Experience working in a Joint and/or Geographic Combatant Command (CENTCOM, AFRICOM, EUCOM, PACOM, etc).
- Knowledge of, and experience in, the CENTCOM AOR.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust presentations and conversations on the fly (“think on one’s feet”)
- Demonstrated ability to talk, discuss, and present with clarity, precision, and conciseness.
- Knowledge of military affairs and political foreign policy.
- Practical (hands on) experience with analytical tools, to include simulation models, used by the government for decision analysis.
- Broad knowledge of commercial operational analysis tools including optimization and graphical visualization techniques.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
*Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org*