IBTCI is seeking a Mid-Level Performance Monitoring/Indicator Specialist for the anticipated State Department Bureau of Energy Resources (ENR): Performance Measures Methodology and Measurement Consultancy activity. The six- month contract will conduct an assessment of the current measurement of all of ENR’s current performance indicators, including ones for (1) ENR’s performance indicators and milestones for its functional bureau strategy, (2) the indicators it tracks for the State-USAID Joint Strategic Plan (JSP), and (3) ENR’s foreign assistance performance indicators. Estimated level of work over the six-month period is 450-550 hours, with most occurring in the first three months. This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Assisting the Technical Advisor/Subject Matter Expert with all aspects of assessment activities;
· Reviewing indicator reference sheets and providing recommendations to strengthen indicator definitions and data collection methodologies;
· Reviewing current data collection and measurement for all of ENR’s current performance indicators;
· Developing data collection processes to gather performance data from implementers and internal ENR offices;
· Assist ENR with data collection for ENR’s current performance metrics of indicators; and
· Other tasks as directed by the Project Director.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Previous work experience on energy and/or oil and gas sector;
· Excellent diplomatic and interpersonal skills;
· Excellent writing, editing, document review, and project management skills; and
· Ability to meet strict deadlines.
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in participating in evaluation or performance management in a federal government foreign affairs, foreign assistance, or trade context.
· Experience working with the Department of State highly desired; and
· Fluency in English
Education: Master’s Degree in the Social Sciences or a related field.
Working Environment: Work is performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org