S&P Global Platts Commodity Associate Program is seeking candidates that will be involved in gathering and analyzing pricing information for benchmark for various commodities.
Do you want to be known as a respected source of essential information and part of a renowned brand? Join a global company with a strong history of growth and a globally diverse workforce with 20 offices spanning five continents. Our real-time news, pricing and analytical services help markets operate with transparency and efficiency.
- Get the best of both worlds: a nimble, highly specialized company and a business casual culture with the benefits and backing of S&P Global – a company that cultivates development and growth, as well as work-life balance.
- We are looking for world-class thinkers to join us at S&P Global Platts, the principal provider of commodity price assessment and information to more than 10,000 customers in 150 countries. The content you generate and the relationships you build are essential to the markets.
- Associates will write insightful market commentaries that demonstrate Platts' thought leadership across global markets, demonstrating our ability to spot key trends that help customers better anticipate market-moving events and phenomenon.
What’s in it for you:
Our 7-month rotational program commences in January & June 2019. Commodity Associates receive four weeks of comprehensive training followed by two three-month rotations in a different commodity sector. Should you meet expectations and perform well you will be offered full time permanent employment at the end of the program.
You will have the opportunity to learn about various aspects of Oil, Power, Natural Gas, LNG, Coal, Petrochemicals, Metals, Agriculture and Shipping markets. You will also receive exposure to a number of market subjects including supply and demand, infrastructure issues, geo-political issues, transportation and regulation, and how these subjects impact respective markets.
You will receive training in the price reporting function and will generate price assessments and content (content includes market commentary and news pieces, which power our pricing benchmarks). In addition, you'll be involved in gathering data and market intelligence and conducting analysis on the assessment and reporting process.
The Team/The Business:
In Platts Content, our team is global. You are considered a specialist in the market(s) you will be working in and being a great colleague is very important in this role.
- Capture commodity price information and produce price assessments
- Develop and expand coverage of aligned commodities
- Report and write market commentaries and news analysis/features stories
- Develop, expand and maintain sources and contacts relevant to the market area of coverage
- This program is limited to those who are a US citizen, lawful permanent resident (LPR), asylee or refugee
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree by December 2018
- All majors welcome: concentration in Journalism, Communications, International Relations, Engineering, Business, Economics, Finance or energy related disciplines preferred
- Strong writing skills (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills (a clear concise writing style is essential together with good verbal skills, listening techniques)
- Team oriented with collaborative working style
- Able to learn quickly, multi-task and work in a dynamic environment and able to readjust priorities throughout the day to meet deadlines
- Understand the importance of building positive relationships and partnering with team members
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills, attention to detail
- Intellectually curious and fast-learning
- Strong numeracy skills (including statistics; the ability to conceptualize proportional relationships; and an understanding of economic principles)
- Proficient with Excel and other Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org