Banyan Global is hiring an International Team Leader (consultant) to carry out the USAID/Bangladesh Gender Assessment, which will in turn inform the mission’s 2019-2024 CDCS. The consultant will work with a national gender expert to carry out a literature review in late October 2018, and will travel to Bangladesh for 3-4 weeks to conduct the field work for the Gender Assessment in November 2018. The consultant will prepare the draft and final Gender Assessment Reports in December 2018 and January 2019 respectively.
- Manage a research team comprised of a National Gender Expert and a logistics support person;
- Lead the preparation of an inception report, which would include a review of existing literature and resources, and the development of the methodology for the Gender Assessment;
- Lead the preparation of a work plan that includes: a plan for the collection, analysis and interpretation of data; draft data collection instruments; and the table of contents of the gender analysis and assessment report;
- Travel to Bangladesh for 3-4 weeks in November 2018 to lead the research team to conduct the Gender Assessment, which will include carrying out key informant interviews and focus groups with USAID and partner staff, and government, NGO and civil society stakeholders;
- Present the preliminary findings of the Gender Analysis and Assessment to USAID/Bangladesh staff and partners before the end of the mission;
- Lead the drafting of the final Gender Assessment report; make revisions to the draft based on USAID and Banyan Global feedback; and submit the Final Gender Assessment Report to Banyan Global.
- At least ten years of experience in carrying out gender assessments, with a focus on democracy and governance, and crisis and refugee settings;
- Master’s degree in sociology, anthropology, economics, public health, or another relevant field;
- Familiarity with the USAID project cycle;
- Familiarity with public policies, strategies and legal frameworks addressing gender and social inclusion gaps and gender-based violence in Bangladesh;
- Ability to communicate diplomatically and clearly with USAID staff and partners;
- Experience with the drafting and implementation of qualitative research instruments;
- Experience with managing a team of diverse staff;
- Superior speaking and writing skills in English required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org