(We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. Interviews will also be held on a rolling basis and this advert may close before the above date if a suitable candidate is found.)
The European Youth Forum is the platform of youth organisations in Europe. We represent 104 youth organisations, which bring together tens of millions of young people from all over Europe.
The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives by representing and advocating their needs and interest and those of their organisations. In the current uncertain political and social context that affects young people, they can be powerful catalysts for positive change and contributors of innovative solutions to Europe’s challenges.
The Youth Forum continues our advocacy work to become an agenda-setter on youth affairs, empower member organisations to maximise the impact of their expertise and enforce a rights based approach in all that we do.
The European Youth Forum is recruiting a Programme & Partnerships Officer to support in the design, development and implantation of Yo!Fest 2020 as part of the European Youth Event taking place at the beginning of June 2020 in Strasbourg, France.
Yo!Fest @ the EYE is a two-day political festival designed for young people, by young people.
It is the largest event of it’s kind, last year bringing together over 10,000 young people.
Building on the success of over 10 editions, we’re looking for a Programme & Partnership Officer who can continue to grow our network of partners and bring new ideas to develop a programme of over 120 activities.
- Develop an attractive and interactive programme based on the work of the European Youth Forum and our partners;
- Remain up-to-speed on current affairs and topics involving young people and youth issues ensure the programme is relevant and engaging for participants;
- Maintain and build new partnerships with our member organisations, the youth sector more broadly, NGOs, civil society organisations and government institutions and ensure their involvement in the development of the event;
- With the Team Leader, develop a plan to engage young people from underrepresented groups who do not ordinarily attend events such as Yo!Fest @ the EYE;
- Take a leading role in developing our high-level activities;
- Collect and collate information from all partners with the Communications Officer;
- Input into the European Parliament’s programme by identifying opportunities for collaboration;
- Manage a small team of volunteers during the event;
- Ensuring that the outcomes of the event are recorded and collated in a coherent and consistent way.
- Extensive professional experience of stakeholder management and engagement with NGOs, civil society organisations and the youth sector. Experience in working in a membership-based organisation is advantageous;
- Have a passion and interest in activism and civic participation;
- Professional experience developing activities as part of larger events or conferences;
- Experience involving underrepresented groups in the implementation of projects;
- Experience working within a syllabus or pedagogy is advantageous;
- Experience working in large-scale events (~5,000 participants);
- Experience executing small budgets (~€20,000);
- An advanced level of spoken and written English and a good understanding of French is essential;
- A strong understanding of EU affairs, the work of the institutions and the European political parties;
- Experience in working for EU funded projects is desirable;
- Comfortable working as part of a close, collaborative team;
- Comfortable with regular reporting to the Team Leader;
- Experience of working using project management tools and software is beneficial;
- The ability to work flexibly, including weekends and evenings as required.
- Deadline orientated with excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Ability to quickly build strong professional relationships with new organisations;
- Personable with excellent negotiation skills;
- Proactive with the motivation to take ownership of activities and tasks;
- Excellent public relations skills;
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills;
- Sociable and at ease in a multicultural environment;
- Dynamic, persistent and solution orientated;
- Understanding of the commitment involved in working on a large event;
- Computer literacy: good working knowledge of office applications, project management software and using Apple MacOS or the ability to learn quickly.
TERMS OF THE CONTRACT
The European Youth Forum offers a full time (35 hours per week) contract. The contract will start on the recruitment date and will end in August 2020. This position is dependent on external funding from the European Parliament. All contractual conditions will be subject to the grant terms.
The gross monthly salary is 2,754 Euros. Travel expenses within the Brussels region are covered by the European Youth Forum.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org